• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This is not a banned rifle. If OP is talking about this rifle(or any AR15 that has been converted to fire .22lr(with barrel and bolt), it is not now, nor ever was banned.

The only banned part would be any magazine over 10 rounds.

Last edited:

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Can i buy one off a private individual I would like to have the one my father had in the early 80s. IT was a colt but it was in 22 lr.

Mr Oni

Military history nut
    Dec 11, 2010
    Brooklyn md.
    Wow that went everywhere let me clarify. I being me would like to know without reading a bunch of stuff with big words. If there is anywhere in this state that somebody has a pre ban Ar 15 in the 22 caliber like dear old dad had(before he pawned it in the mid 80s at a pawn shop) If that individual could sell that gun to me LEGALLY being that is now banned from purchase at a store. Thank you. Forget the 22lr part can I buy a used pre ban Ar 15 from an individual.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Not unless it has HBAR barrel or is in caliber other than .223/5.56.

Pre-ban only means legal for pre-ban owner to own.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If there is anywhere in this state that somebody has a pre ban Ar 15 in the 22 caliber like dear old dad had(before he pawned it in the mid 80s at a pawn shop) If that individual could sell that gun to me LEGALLY being that is now banned from purchase at a store. Thank you. Forget the 22lr part can I buy a used pre ban Ar 15 from an individual.

Dedicated .22 Rimfire AR shaped objects are Not Banned . You may purchase a used ( or new ) one the same as a 10/22 or what have you .

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Wow that went everywhere let me clarify. I being me would like to know without reading a bunch of stuff with big words. If there is anywhere in this state that somebody has a pre ban Ar 15 in the 22 caliber like dear old dad had(before he pawned it in the mid 80s at a pawn shop) If that individual could sell that gun to me LEGALLY being that is now banned from purchase at a store. Thank you. Forget the 22lr part can I buy a used pre ban Ar 15 from an individual.
    Yes as long as it is a HBAR.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Law enforcement is too busy ensuring safe passage and the safety of cultural enrichers, so I doubt they have the time to see what kind of rifle you have.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes as long as it is a HBAR.

In Mr Oni's case , not relavent , as he means a specific dedicated Rimfire.

Probably NOT.

just buy what is on the shelf. Example- J&J

You are correct in the general sense regarding .223/ 5.56 rifles . But the OP is looking for a specific Dedicated Rimfire Rifle , to duplicate his Father's growing up , which is FSA not affected .

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore

You are correct in the general sense regarding .223/ 5.56 rifles . But the OP is looking for a specific Dedicated Rimfire Rifle , to duplicate his Father's growing up , which is FSA not affected .
    He changed his question.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Forget the 22lr part can I buy a used pre ban Ar 15 from an individual.

Not correct. he changed the parameters.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thank you. Forget the 22lr part can I buy a used pre ban Ar 15 from an individual.
    In effect, yes. You would purchase the upper and lower separately and never put the two together inside Maryland boundaries. It would be illegal to join the two halves(upper and lower receivers) in Md.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom