• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    It is said the UPS and FedEx don't ship any gun for individual transfer , should I use my FFL dealer to ship to another state's FFL dealer?
    The FFL must give me a completed receipt which shows the gun model and serial number , right? thanks.

Last edited:

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    He will enter your firearm into his A&D book. I never give a receipt but I could if someone was worried about it. Unfortunately there is usually an ffl fee along with the shipping.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    He will enter your firearm into his A&D book. I never give a receipt but I could if someone was worried about it. Unfortunately there is usually an ffl fee along with the shipping.
    If it's a handgun I think the FFL transfer + shipping might come out cheaper in the long run compared to sending it overnight as an individual (not that it's an option anymore) Last time I overnighted a handgun via UPS I think it might have been cheaper for me to drive to Florida! LOL

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I only ship with usps so I have very little personal knowledge of ups/fedex. From what I heard you have to set up an account with ether to ship a firearm now. I believe this changed last year. The only time I’ve used ether one to ship out I had a return label from the original shipper. I believe a non ffl can still use usps for long guns but for pistols I think your stuck with an ffl now.

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I only ship with usps so I have very little personal knowledge of ups/fedex. From what I heard you have to set up an account with ether to ship a firearm now. I believe this changed last year. The only time I’ve used ether one to ship out I had a return label from the original shipper. I believe a non ffl can still use usps for long guns but for pistols I think your stuck with an ffl now.
    that is what I exactly want to confirm, I have to use a FFL to ship pistol,
    but I asked two FFL local here for the fee, they required $50 to $60 not include insurance , I think it is expensive because in Gunbroker, the buyer general only provide $30-$35, that mean the seller still have to pay some money.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    It’s more of a pain for me to ship something out than receive a firearm and do a transfer. I’ve found with insurance and 21 signature pistols averaged $40+.
    So around $70 off the top of your sale is normal. I always try to sell local first to avoid the hassle and I’d rather a local have it. But once I decide to list on GB I go for full market price and have always made more money than selling it locally. There is a learning curve for this shyt just like buying online and paying for the transfer. GL

Unless it is a rare oddball or high dollar firearm, you're almost always going to do better selling locally than thru GB. Between shipping, FFL and GB fees, you're looking at over $100 to sell a pistol on GB.
    When I worked at Masada it was crazy how many people would buy a stripped lower online and have them transferred thru us- we already had them in the case for $59-$99 with no added fees. EX- Online Anderson lower $39 + $25 shipping + $35 FFL transfer. That is $99 and we could have sold it direct for $59.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Not saying anything

Just sayin'

Screenshot_20230625-173350~2.png

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Unless it is a rare oddball or high dollar firearm, you're almost always going to do better selling locally than thru GB. Between shipping, FFL and GB fees, you're looking at over $100 to sell a pistol on GB.
    When I worked at Masada it was crazy how many people would buy a stripped lower online and have them transferred thru us- we already had them in the case for $59-$99 with no added fees. EX- Online Anderson lower $39 + $25 shipping + $35 FFL transfer. That is $99 and we could have sold it direct for $59.
    Yes, I always try my best to sell locally the through GB.

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    I count that suppose I am going to sale a $400 gun,'
    I have to pay GB final fee is $325.00x 6%, $75 x 4%=$22.5
    plus I use a FFL to ship the gun to buyer FFL $70
    but in general , buyer will pay shiping charge about $30.00,
    so total is $22.5+ $70-$30 = $62.5
    I don't know how you count which is over $100.?

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    RRomig,

Are you a FFL,? I don't understand why you said " I never give a receipt but I could if someone was worried," looks like that giving a receipt is a trouble thing for some FFL, if I go to UPS to ship a gun, I don't think they will refuse to give me a recept. of course right now the gun law don't allow UPS to ship.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    RRomig,

Are you a FFL,? I don't understand why you said " I never give a receipt but I could if someone was worried," looks like that giving a receipt is a trouble thing for some FFL, if I go to UPS to ship a gun, I don't think they will refuse to give me a recept. of course right now the gun law don't allow UPS to ship.
    Yes I’m an ffl
    I send a picture of the shipping receipt to the seller so they have tracking. It’s no trouble to write up a receipt that I took it in to ship but I’ve never had anyone care about that. Like I said it’s in my A&D book that shows who it came from and where it went. Also I’ve never shipped a firearm for someone I haven’t done other businesses with so maybe that’s why they’ve never wanted/needed a receipt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom