• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Yes I’m an ffl
    I send a picture of the shipping receipt to the seller so they have tracking. It’s no trouble to write up a receipt that I took it in to ship but I’ve never had anyone care about that. Like I said it’s in my A&D book that shows who it came from and where it went. Also I’ve never shipped a firearm for someone I haven’t done other businesses with so maybe that’s why they’ve never wanted/needed a receipt.
    I feel a sold gun's receipt is very important for me because in case something happened in this gun sometime late, or this FFl closed his business, I still can prove that I wasn't involved.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I feel a sold gun's receipt is very important for me because in case something happened in this gun sometime late, or this FFl closed his business, I still can prove that I wasn't involved.
    And that’s certainly reasonable. Is someone telling you that you can’t get a receipt? The trace will go from the factory down the line. If all sales were documented they’ll come to you and then you’ll send them to the ffl. Then to the ffl he sent it to etc. So having a note showing you dropped it off to said ffl can help you remember is worthwhile. After years of buying and selling It’ll get confusing.
    And if the ffl closes shop the ATF will pickup all of his A&D books.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    If mailing an item for a customer, I charge Transfer Fee + Actual Shipping cost (that includes packing supplies). If they want insurance it costs extra. Any FFL will do the same.

efeng9622

Oct 10, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    And that’s certainly reasonable. Is someone telling you that you can’t get a receipt? The trace will go from the factory down the line. If all sales were documented they’ll come to you and then you’ll send them to the ffl. Then to the ffl he sent it to etc. So having a note showing you dropped it off to said ffl can help you remember is worthwhile. After years of buying and selling It’ll get confusing.
    And if the ffl closes shop the ATF will pickup all of his A&D books.
    I asked a FFL yesterday about the receipt, he said if I want him do shipping , he only can give me a receipt which shows how much I paid to him , can't show that it is a firearm or model & serials number even he already knew that . I have to create a personal sales contract or invoice with the buyer. but he may write down my gun's information on his book.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I asked a FFL yesterday about the receipt, he said if I want him do shipping , he only can give me a receipt which shows how much I paid to him , can't show that it is a firearm or model & serials number even he already knew that . I have to create a personal sales contract or invoice with the buyer. but he may write down my gun's information on his book.
    If he takes it in to ship he has to write the firearm info in his A&D book. He will also send his license info to the receiving ffl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom