• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I've gotten several PM's about checks, will update Don with totals as they arrive.

Small donations are welcome and appreciated. If a third of our members donated $1 a piece we would double last years total!

I can't think of a better way to thank those who have given and are still giving so much for us.

NOTE: just some more explaining on the tax thing. The paypal goes to the MDshooters account, then to JJ. This would require us to submit names for all the donors to JJ then he would have to generate and mail receipts to all the donors. With all the work he is doing, that's just too much to pile on him. When you pay by check, the cancelled check works as the receipt so we are not dumping extra work on him. That's the reason for the suggestion to pay by check if you want the deduction....

skip-a-long

R.I.P.
    May 24, 2009
    Somer-sault Cty
    Thanks for the mailing info, Drmsparks. Thanks to you and Don for handling this fund drive. I can't think of a more worthy cause.

Check is in this mornings mail.

While I am handing out thanks (don't mean to high-jack a thread). I would like to thank DD214 for having this forum available to all of us. I don't have much knowledge to pass on to others, but I really have gleaned a lot of info and enjoyment from it.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Got another $50 check in the mail, thank you sir!

Once Don adds that into the total that makes it close to $600 which is a trip to camp Perry for our first vet! Well done guys!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Just wanted to add some reminders about why we do this....

Our second rifle presentation:

showimage.php
    [/url][/IMG]

Last year at the eastern games

DSCN1726crop.jpg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    $600 is a good start. We can do better, but that's a good start. I get paid tomorrow, I'll see if I can drop in a few more dollars.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I sent another $10 for payday.

I'll do the same next week.

I kind of think $600 is embarrassing given the number of daily users here and the fact that we never ask for money to keep the site up and running.

All we ask is for everyone to kick in a little spare change for a cause that's important to us.:)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I kind of think $600 is embarrassing given the number of daily users here and the fact that we never ask for money to keep the site up and running.

When I see how quickly all the group buys fill up, I agree.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    When I see how quickly all the group buys fill up, I agree.

agreed. I think we should be able to clear $2000 without any issue. if all of the active members just gave $5 that sum would be well over and above.

i just dont understand it......

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I finally found my " 'round tuit"... Since I'm done using it, I'll pass it along to anyone else who's been holding out.

Attachments

• tuit.jpg
      tuit.jpg
      18.7 KB · Views: 132

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006

$1050 at last glance! here we go!

$450 in just a few hours, not bad!

And just think, people, you didn't even have to sit through an annoying PBS begathon, listening to them harp on you for watching "Red Dwarf" and "New Yankee Workshop" all these years without kicking in your fair share... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom