• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    In the future,,, Can we have the MGA CC'd on these weekly "how to obtain mags in MD" threads??

Because, ya know they need our help on banning these things for good,, And there is no one better at helping snuff out 2A rights than gun owners.

Do we really need 3-4 pages every 2 weeks or so on this fragile topic??

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    My parents just moved from Md to Delaware. Sucks they now have a 17rnd restriction I think but I’ve ordered a bunch of 10-17rnd mags and picked em up there. Midway and Gunmagwharehouse are good to go.
    Lighthouse in Selbyville was still selling regular Magpul AR mags. I inquired, and they said to buy you just need to show Md driver license or Del. CCW. This was back in July.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    In the future,,, Can we have the MGA CC'd on these weekly "how to obtain mags in MD" threads??

Because, ya know they need our help on banning these things for good,, And there is no one better at helping snuff out 2A rights than gun owners.

I couldn't agree more. I just shake my head at the stupidity level. It boggles the mind.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    10 round mag, ready for transfer.

1693524336321.png

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    The law says you cannot receive, purchase or transfer in the state. If you purchase online and have it shipped to MD you receive it in MD in violation of the law. Less clear is where the "purchase" transaction takes place with an online order in 2 states. People with better legal experience than I may choose to chime in.
    That’s why I recommend purchasing and receiving outside Maryland. Go outside MD and mail a check or be outside when you do the online purchase. It’s easy enough to go across State lines to gun show or shop.

When I asked the State Police they responded via email as I explain in my way: that almost all the verbs/actions were prohibited in Md, except owning. So I took it to mean buy and receive outside Md.

GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland

What about you talking about. What is a MGA?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What about you talking about. What is a MGA?
    The Maryland General Assembly. Your elected officials that make the sort of law we're currently talking about. They are always on the lookout for new ways to make gun owners in this state more miserable, and of course people from that institution do pay attention to places like this - the premiere gun forum in the state, and one of the best in the country. So, talking long and hard, over and over again about how to "get around" the original infringement isn't very productive (for us).

GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland
    The Maryland General Assembly. Your elected officials that make the sort of law we're currently talking about. They are always on the lookout for new ways to make gun owners in this state more miserable, and of course people from that institution do pay attention to places like this - the premiere gun forum in the state, and one of the best in the country. So, talking long and hard, over and over again about how to "get around" the original infringement isn't very productive (for us).
    MGA took the possession part out because I think they worried about the law being challenged like it is being in California. I didn't mean any harm. I was just asking a question. In fact, I will tell the elected general assembly and the people who vote them in that they can ***** themselves. This law needs to be challenged. In fact, the only reason laws like "assault weapons ban" and magazine restrictions exist is due to the size of the state. Va and Pa are huge states and even though they vote for garbage congress people on the federal level, at least they vote in people at the state level that keeps waiting periods, "assault weapon" bans and magazine restrictions from passing. And I keep up with the news and the democrats and some Republicans (uniparty) are trying very hard.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    MGA took the possession part out because I think they worried about the law being challenged like it is being in California. I didn't mean any harm. I was just asking a question. In fact, I will tell the elected general assembly and the people who vote them in that they can ***** themselves. This law needs to be challenged. In fact, the only reason laws like "assault weapons ban" and magazine restrictions exist is due to the size of the state. Va and Pa are huge states and even though they vote for garbage congress people on the federal level, at least they vote in people at the state level that keeps waiting periods, "assault weapon" bans and magazine restrictions from passing. And I keep up with the news and the democrats and some Republicans (uniparty) are trying very hard.
    If you want gun laws in MD challenged join and contribute to Marylandshallissue.org

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    MGA took the possession part out because I think they worried about the law being challenged like it is being in California.
    The MGA didn't remove anything, restrictions on possession were never in the law when the number of rounds was reduced from 20 to 10 in 2013.

I didn't mean any harm. I was just asking a question. In fact, I will tell the elected general assembly and the people who vote them in that they can ***** themselves. This law needs to be challenged. In fact, the only reason laws like "assault weapons ban" and magazine restrictions exist is due to the size of the state.
    LOL...um, NO. There are smaller states that have less restrictive firearms laws than Maryland. It has to do with the percentage of Democrats vs Republicans, period.

Va and Pa are huge states and even though they vote for garbage congress people on the federal level, at least they vote in people at the state level that keeps waiting periods, "assault weapon" bans and magazine restrictions from passing. And I keep up with the news and the democrats and some Republicans (uniparty) are trying very hard.
    Umm, not really. Do you have any clue what happens at the local and county level in VA or PA? VA has a patchwork of local and county firearms laws that restrict what you can do and where. In PA, it is completely up to the discession of the county Sheriff as to who they provide a carry permit to. Some county Sheriff's do not prove a carry permit to out of state residents.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It's not just democrats outnumbering Republicans here.

It's the extreme gerrymandering which ensures republicans are underrepresented. They have systematically eliminated republican representation in both the state and federal legislatures.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It's not just democrats outnumbering Republicans here.

It's the extreme gerrymandering which ensures republicans are underrepresented. They have systematically eliminated republican representation in both the state and federal legislatures.
    The same could be said in other states, in the opposite direction. Even if voting districts were more"equitable" the fact still remains that Democrats outnumber Republicans in Maryland 2 to 1.

GunJunkie91

Aug 13, 2023
    Maryland
    The same could be said in other states, in the opposite direction. Even if voting districts were more"equitable" the fact still remains that Democrats outnumber Republicans in Maryland 2 to 1.
    You mean 10 to 1.

At least there are no waiting periods in VA or PA. And I can get an AK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom