• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    They could really flood the state if they would allow current customers (in freer states) already in possession of Pmags to "loan" them back to Magpul for 'redistribution' to Coloradans.

When Magpul catches up with the demand. they could simply replace the "loaned" mags with new ones. This way the state could be flooded with mags far beyond Magpul's ability to produce them, Magpul could increase sales, and for our help we would get the latest revision of Pmags in return for our help. I would absolutely loan back 5 Pmags to Magpul for this effort.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    They could really flood the state if they would allow current customers (in freer states) already in possession of Pmags to "loan" them back to Magpul for 'redistribution' to Coloradans.

When Magpul catches up with the demand. they could simply replace the "loaned" mags with new ones. This way the state could be flooded with mags far beyond Magpul's ability to produce them, Magpul could increase sales, and for our help we would get the latest revision of Pmags in return for our help. I would absolutely loan back 5 Pmags to Magpul for this effort.

Not necessary:
    3,750,000 AR 15's in the US (with production of 200,000 a year).
    2.6 AR 15's per AR owning person
    1,442,000 AR 15 owners in US

314,000,000 People in US
    5,200,000 People in CO
    CO pop is 1.65% of US pop
    CO has aprox 23,793 AR owners.

If each ar owning family gets 20 mags (10 for the Mrs and 10 for the Mr)

That's only 475,860 magazines.

It was rumored that MagPul had 1 million backordered mags earlier this year and it would take until May to fill those, that's production of 2 million mags a year, which means the entire state of CO's demand could be met in under 3 months, and since they have 4 months until the ban I think they'll be ok with their own production. But I like you attempt to get new mags ;)

Now this negates the other firearms that accept this mag, but it also assumes everyone is going to use the program and that they are going to buy the maximum amount of mags so for arguments sake I'm having them cancel out.

Also remember they opened this same program up to the entire LE and Military Community a while back (which is larger than the CO population and surely more likely to want Pmags/have a higher rate of ar ownership). MagPul still sent out normal shipments while also supplying the guys and girls who need the mags most.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    While this is a nice gesture that's all it is. Why ?

The legislator sees it as a means to an end ...they don't care about Magpul they will in turn raise taxes on the rest of the people to cover their self made deficit and be fine with it because of some bs reasoning that helps them sleep at night.

This is how I see it all playing out over time:

Every time one of these manufactures moves to a a gun friendly state that means they left a state that at one point was friendly. If these manufactures just keep moving lets say to their final spot in Texas. That means the rest of the states who are without these companies wont care( that is the representatives wont care) what they do. Then the Texas representation will not be able to out vote the rest of the states. So this to me is a game that is meant to slowly squeeze this industry dry.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I already have about 30 PMAGs... I'll continue to buy more lol.

I am very happy with the current trend with these manufacturers supporting the people's right to keep and bear arms! :thumbsup:

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    No. Magpul will not ship 20s here because they hold 21 rounds. I tried to get a broken one replaced and they refused to ship here.

How long ago was this?

Magazine manufacturers are always making changes/enhancements to their products. If Magpul made any dimensional changes to the magazine housing or follower, this might no longer be an issue.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    How long ago was this?

Magazine manufacturers are always making changes/enhancements to their products. If Magpul made any dimensional changes to the magazine housing or follower, this might no longer be an issue.

I've got about 3 or 4 PMAG 20s (old and new gen) and I purchased all of them in Maryland. They might not ship them here, but somebody did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom