• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    It doesn't matter if he pointed the rifle or not. It's that the pizza guy said he did. Unless the encounter was recorded you have he said/ he said. Could have been that just seeing the rifle freaked out the pizza guy or the guy may have pointed it, who knows. If I feel that I need to be armed when answering the door, whoever is at the door won't know I'm armed unless thay attack.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Since the guy didn't order a pizza, someone obviously was setting him up.

How do we know someone hadn't been threatening and/or harrassing him, and this is why he answered the door with a firearm?

(edit: not justifying his pointing the rifle at someone, though...)

Except that Domino's logs the IP address for online orders, granted, someone could've spoofed it, but it's on record with Domino's that an order was placed from his IP address.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Right, but the guy answered (matching description) the door and with a long arm again when the Police showed up.

That was more than enough to at least charge him and get a ride in a partitioned backseat.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Okay, not bright to point the firearm at people, but these charges are pretty trumped up.

Gray was charged with first- and second-degree assault and use of a firearm in a crime of violence.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Okay, not bright to point the firearm at people, but these charges are pretty trumped up.

Assault in MD is a wide encompassing charge.

Being verbally abusive with someone is enough to catch an assault charge.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    This is one reason I won't open carry. It gives nutcase a description of your weapon which makes it possible for them to make a false case against you, saying you pointed a weapon at them.

If they can't see the weapon, they can't describe it to make a report.

Keep your weapon out of sight till the shat goes down. Same goes for carrying on your own private property.

This guy learned the hard way.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Except that Domino's logs the IP address for online orders, granted, someone could've spoofed it, but it's on record with Domino's that an order was placed from his IP address.

Yep, I misread the article and thought someone had pranked the guy.

Or... maybe he pissed off Anonymous. :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No blood no foul. Shake it off pajama boy.

Yep. And if you earned that shot, then shut your mouth and move on.

Thing that gets me is the guys red eyes, I'm definitely wondering if he was slightly 'off' during this event.

ph-ac-cn-pizza-gun-0421-20150420-001.jpg

I'm willing to bet he may have been smoking a little something-something before all this went down.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Yep. And if you earned that shot, then shut your mouth and move on.

Thing that gets me is the guys red eyes, I'm definitely wondering if he was slightly 'off' during this event.

View attachment 148758

I'm willing to bet he may have been smoking a little something-something before all this went down.

Just because his eyes looks like there is a vacancy sign behind them? Why you gotta judge man?!?!? :lol2:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just because his eyes looks like there is a vacancy sign behind them? Why you gotta judge man?!?!? :lol2:

The fact that they're all red like that, reminds me of being in PG county high schools, where HIGH was the key word. ;)

Granted, booking photo's are almost never flattering.

The Shooter

Nov 28, 2010
    A.A. Co
    When I read the article first thing I thought was, out of all the charges against him illegal position of a firearm wasn't one. How did was it proven he made an online order? And I wasn't there, but I've seen on a few occasions where people said a gun was pointed at then when it was just in their view and not actually pointed in their direction.

The guys eyes could be blood shot because it was late and he is going thru a stressful event. Mug shots never look good.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    It doesn't matter if he pointed the rifle or not. It's that the pizza guy said he did. Unless the encounter was recorded you have he said/ he said. Could have been that just seeing the rifle freaked out the pizza guy or the guy may have pointed it, who knows. If I feel that I need to be armed when answering the door, whoever is at the door won't know I'm armed unless thay attack.

This!!! On the other hand I was told by a PG cop friend, "simply showing a weapon in any manner that is perceived as threating by an individual, can result in a brandishing charge... Example: You answer the door and in the discussion process tell an individual to leave your property, the individual argues and tells you to go f$#k your self, and your response is to show a weapon, i.e., a gun tucked in your waste band/holster or pick up a riffle previously stacked at rest, out of sight... No pointing required to be charged with brandishing, if the individual feels threatened by your behavior"... Welcome to Maryland-stan...:sad20:

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    None of the boxers I own will hold the weight of a holster + gun. I'd go with gun belt and thong myself.

That's why I choose to answer the door in tidy whiteys and a shoulder rig. Better range of movement in case the pizza guy gets uppity and s**t goes sideways.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    This!!! On the other hand I was told by a PG cop friend, "simply showing a weapon in any manner that is perceived as threating by an individual, can result in a brandishing charge... Example: You answer the door and in the discussion process tell an individual to leave your property, the individual argues and tells you to go f$#k your self, and your response is to show a weapon, i.e., a gun tucked in your waste band/holster or pick up a riffle previously stacked at rest, out of sight... No pointing required to be charged with brandishing, if the individual feels threatened by your behavior"... Welcome to Maryland-stan...:sad20:
    Ug.. its an assault charge!

NOT brandishing.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Ug.. its an assault charge!

NOT brandishing.

I understand...Just pointing out you don't have to point a gun at someone to be charged with a crime in this f#$ked up state... I guess I should of clarified my post better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom