• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    due process is a problem?

due process is what makes America Free...

oh there we go... they don't like freedom...we are to be subjugated to the ruling class.

ruling class are congress critters, those worth in excess of $100M and celebrities that toe the "**** you and your freedoms" party line

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    Wow, and here I thought that elected officials had sworn an oath to support and defend the Constitution. You have to have some balls to say that the Bill of Rights is the problem.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Wow, and here I thought that elected officials had sworn an oath to support and defend the Constitution. You have to have no brain whatsoever to say that the Bill of Rights is the problem.

I think that describes him better. Pull the string and he repeats the current party line.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Sorry that little thing called the Constitution is in your way Mr. Senator.......you piece of crap. Should be removed from office immediately for failure to uphold his oath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Wow, so if lawmakers don't know, respect, and/or follow the very foundational laws of our country... it's getting hard to justify why everyday citizens should continue to follow 2A infringements. If the 5th is completely ignored by lawmakers, why are we allowing our right to bear arms to be stripped here in md? Hopefully our nation sends a message to all branches of govt this november that lawlessness and tyranny will not be tolerated.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    He may be a dem, but he's miles away from being another Van Gerbil.

He's been in front of every TV camera he can wrestle away from Chuckie Schumer espousing the virtues of the "no fly, no buy" legislation and is all for closing the "gun show loophole" and background checks on internet gun purchases.

He's an anti trying to pose in his blue dog duds.....

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    We need to combat bacon cheeseburger obesity with the same degree of intensity as people want to combat gun violence. Banning the bacon cheeseburger should completely eliminate obesity, which is one of the leading factors contributing to early death in america. Other industrialized nations don't share america's obsession with bacon cheeseburgers and their rates of obesity are lower than here. At the very least, we should disallow anyone on an overweight watch list from being able to purchase a bacon cheeseburger. If they can't buy a bacon cheeseburger from a restaurant, it's impossible for them to have one.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Bacon burgers are low in carbs. They are used for induction when using Adkins. The cheese is not too bad either. It is all the other crap i see people eat. I eat burgers without the buns. Also i see WIC people in Germantown fill their bags with cheese doodles, purple drank, crap food. I guess quantity versus quality.

But I understand your point. :)

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Bacon burgers are low in carbs. They are used for induction when using Adkins. The cheese is not too bad either. It is all the other crap i see people eat. I eat burgers without the buns. Also i see WIC people in Germantown fill their bags with cheese doodles, purple drank, crap food. I guess quantity versus quality.

Yup, much in the same way that guns can be used for hunting, sport, and are the best means of defense. Also, data shows a decline in violent crime as carry laws were liberalized. With lots of schoolin' on diet/fitness/nutrition/exercise science, picking the bacon cheeseburger wasn't accidental. ;)

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Yup, much in the same way that guns can be used for hunting, sport, and are the best means of defense. Also, data shows a decline in violent crime as carry laws were liberalized. With lots of schoolin' on diet/fitness/nutrition/exercise science, picking the bacon cheeseburger wasn't accidental. ;)

Now I want a bacon cheeseburger. Thanks!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    He's been in front of every TV camera he can wrestle away from Chuckie Schumer espousing the virtues of the "no fly, no buy" legislation and is all for closing the "gun show loophole" and background checks on internet gun purchases.

He's an anti trying to pose in his blue dog duds.....

Not saying he's a saint. He is a dem after all. I put him somewhere in the middle. I guess he shows his true colors when he isn't running for reelection.:rolleyes:

PS ...and I damned sure ain't defending him.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

THAT is the Gummint viewpoint. Exactly.

Let's do something -- ANYTHING... See? We did something. Now go away...

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahaha

Haha. :)

Cowboy T

I don't like him but I don't see how the statements constitute a repeal of the 5th. I think he may be saying it needs to be fixed or at least I hope he is. I love the way reporters report statements.

I'm not ready to lash him to a stake yet.

Just watched the video (the article links to a YouTube video of Sen. Manchin speaking on this subject). After that, I'm quite ready to lash him to an electoral stake, and I hope the voters of West Virginia are as well. I'm afraid he's quite well convicted himself on this one. There's nothing about the Fifth Amendment that needs to be "fixed", and he himself made clear that "due process" is a problem for him here.

Americans have the right to Due Process. The question is whether or not constitutional rights extend to non-citizens.

We can debate the "non-citizens" question later. Right now, we've got a much bigger problem; a sitting US Senator just said--on national TV, no less--that due process is a problem. That's a problem for *all* of us.

Need to do away with all those pesky rights. Doesn't matter that they swore an oath to uphold and defend those very rights.

And that's why the Senator needs to be voted out of office. I hope that our West Virginian friends can see that now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom