• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtb

May 24, 2011
    I am not sure it banned transport. I see nothing there one way or the other.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Well since they just made every gun owner in Md a criminal, Im selling my AR and my AK.. going down to Pratt street and buying something without paprers...I mean its basically the same thing right??

yup. except you'll save a ton of money if you buy it illegally... and the state won't know about it, so they won't be able to force you to register... and if you were ever caught with it, they wouldn't charge you. Because they never seem to charge criminals with gun charges.

Sounds like a win/win/win to me.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    What if you are going to an out of state range? Isn't that covered under federal law that states can't impede traveling across state lines for legal use/possession?

I believe it must be legal in both the originating state and the destination state. FOPA only protects you when passing through unfriendly states.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I believe it must be legal in both the originating state and the destination state. FOPA only protects you when passing through unfriendly states.

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Maryland most definitely qualifies as an "Unfriendly state."

But seriously, so if this is true, you're telling me that if you compete in 3-gun or any other rifle sport that uses semi autos then you are a criminal as soon as you pull out of the driveway? These politicians in this state are un-F-ing believable in their arrogance.

So much for "The Old Line State." Too bad it looks like the sacrifice of the Maryland 400 ended with them. Sad that I grew up in a different state, yet I recognize the sacrifices made by the Maryland Colony during the Revolutionary War better than the people in charge of this state.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    I read the bill again. Looks like you can only transport them to the police barracks if you received a court order to turn it in. This is a load of horse s**t. They basically took the current law for assault pistols and replaced "pistol" with "weapon."

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I read the bill again. Looks like you can only transport them to the police barracks if you received a court order to turn it in. This is a load of horse s**t. They basically took the current law for assault pistols and replaced "pistol" with "weapon."

that is EXACTLY what they did.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD

So this would apply to ALL firearms!? I thought they said their wonderful Bambi killers would be left untouched?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Well since they just made every gun owner in Md a criminal, Im selling my AR and my AK.. going down to Pratt street and buying something without papers...I mean its basically the same thing right??

That's pretty close to my plan, now. I plan to sell most of my "registered" guns and replace them with guns built at home, sans serial numbers and in configurations not banned by law. Let them deal with that...

mtb

May 24, 2011
    Everyone MUST go to Annapolis to try to help get rid of this lunacy.

Ken

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    Ok - have I read SB281 correctly? You can keep your AR but you may not transport it anywhere; meaning the police can simply hang out at the rifle range and confiscate your AR after the ban is in place, since you may not transport it anywhere. Is that right??

Can you provide more details about your statement? Don't get me wrong - this bill is garbage and I am NOT giving an inch and will testify against it.

Assault pistols registered in 1994 are not "banned for transport". You can shoot them and possess them if registered per the state law.

How are you making this assertion that you cannot transport it anywhere? I don't see that in the bill either.

There is simply too much unfounded opinion in this thread.

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    Can you provide more details about your statement? Don't get me wrong - this bill is garbage and I am NOT giving an inch and will testify against it.

Assault pistols registered in 1994 are not "banned for transport". You can shoot them and possess them if registered per the state law.

How are you making this assertion that you cannot transport it anywhere? I don't see that in the bill either.

There is simply too much unfounded opinion in this thread.

I read the bill when it first came out and just read it again, twice. I didn't see anything that banned transport.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Clearly the whole new law is an unconstitutional infringement that should be ignored if passed.
    I will not register my guns, and I will not comply with any other infringement.
    I'm not going to be blamed for the actions of a homicidal nutcase in a gun free zone.
    There are places I can go to shoot my "evil black assault rifles" even if transportation is banned, that's what the 4th amendment is for, NEVER allow police to search your vehicle and NEVER admit to having anything in your vehicle. You have the right to use your rights and to remain silent.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Clearly the whole new law is an unconstitutional infringement that should be ignored if passed.
    I will not register my guns, and I will not comply with any other infringement.
    I'm not going to be blamed for the actions of a homicidal nutcase in a gun free zone.
    There are places I can go to shoot my "evil black assault rifles" even if transportation is banned, that's what the 4th amendment is for, NEVER allow police to search your vehicle and NEVER admit to having anything in your vehicle. You have the right to use your rights and to remain silent.

Did you purchase any of them from a dealer who forwarded the paperwork to ATF or MSP? If so, you've already registered! If you've ever had an FFL/03 or filled out a 4473, you've registered. They know that you exist and that it's more likely than not that you still own a firearm.

Don't expect them not to use any information that they already have. I won't even start with how they are most certainly compiling information for "intelligence purposes" at the national level across the internet. Which all sounds very tin foil hat, but isn't. If you believe that you really have 4th amendment rights, you are living in fantasy land, watch an episode of COPS sometime.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom