• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    yup. except you'll save a ton of money if you buy it illegally... and the state won't know about it, so they won't be able to force you to register... and if you were ever caught with it, they wouldn't charge you. Because they never seem to charge criminals with gun charges.

Sounds like a win/win/win to me.

Hell, the government is GIVING criminals guns. They could care less about if criminals have guns...they are only worried about legal owners....

oldman12

Ultimate Member
    Sep 19, 2010
    "Merrica" Eastern Camp
    Because legal owners are law abiding citizens who beleive and honor the constitution.The American Constitution not the Communist belief system where the Government tells you what to do ,eat and where you sleep,oh and who to vote for.This is the new America.
    All who value their freedom and want to protect their family need to refuse registration and or consfiscation.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Because legal owners are law abiding citizens who beleive and honor the constitution.The American Constitution not the Communist belief system where the Government tells you what to do ,eat and where you sleep,oh and who to vote for.This is the new America.
    All who value their freedom and want to protect their family need to refuse registration and or consfiscation.

Amen!

Lightning

Feb 5, 2011
    The Peoples Republic of MD
    We should be very careful not to oppose bits and pieces of this legislation. we should oppose the entire bill; so we don't get stuck with any of it. IT is imperative that all family members, friends, and neighbors call or write these numbskulls that have been elected. We should also reach out to the boating and hunting communities as many of them are gun owners...

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    My FFL made me fill out paperwork, which was submitted to the State of Maryland to get my not disapproved stamp. They know I have it.

I don't have any guns occifer, all those evil assault guns the government thinks I have were destroyed after Newtown.
    I was so disgusted by those evil assault weapons I dumped them all into the middle of the Chesapeake bay so they can never be used again and now I feel much safer living in a gun-free home.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Oh the times they are a changing......

Damn, I LOVE Irish folk songs ... I wonder why ??? :innocent0

Armoured cars and tanks and guns lawmen
    Came to take away our sons guns
    But every man must stand behind
    The men behind the wire

Through the little streets of Belfast NapTown
    In the dark of early morn
    British Owe'Malley's soldiers came marauding
    Wrecking little homes with scorn

Heedless of the crying children
    Cragging fathers from their beds
    Beating sons while helpless mothers
    Watched the blood poor from their heads

Not for them a judge and jury
    Nor indeed a trial at all
    But being Irish Pro-2A means you´re guilty
    So we´re guilty one and all

Round the world the truth will echo
    Cromwell Tyrant ´s men are here again
    England Maryland's name again is sullied
    In the eyes of honest men.

Proud we march behind our {MDS} banner
    Firm we´ll stand behind our men
    We will have them free to help us
    Build a nation once again

Once the people step together
    Proudly firmly on their way
    Never fear never falter
    Till the boys 2A are is home to stay​

The song itself describes raids by British soldiers, and the "men behind the wire" refers to those held without charge or trial … NDAA, sound familiar ?

Last edited:

hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home
    the way i read it is.

as long as you register by 11/1/2013 you are good to go.

anyone not registering is subject to confiscation.
    also sounds like ar pistols and such are forbidden.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    I just went over the text once more and noticed a few interesting things.

If you register the weapon you can legally possess and it does not say you can't transport.

It doesn't say you can. Which way is a Maryland judge going to understand it? It will be the most restrictive version, it does not specify that you are allowed to transport it since it is not stated in the law.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    It doesn't say you can. Which way is a Maryland judge going to understand it? It will be the most restrictive version, it does not specify that you are allowed to transport it since it is not stated in the law.

Aren't laws meant to say what you CAN'T do? So if it's not stated, it's fair game?

dmsmith

May 27, 2012
    If we all make an appearance on Feb. 6th for the Senate Committee hearing on this Bill, they *might* just realize how much opposition there is.

Rather than worrying about how it might be interpreted or what it might mean, we could stop it as a Bill and never have to worry about it as a Law. I much prefer this alternative.

The e-mails were all sent this morning.
    The letters were printed, placed in envelopes and stamps applied. They will hit the mail tomorrow.
    I'll be making phones ring all this week. More e-mails will go out as well. And more letters, I suspect. And more money will go to MSI, NRA, 2AF, JPFO, CCRKBA, etc...
    If we ALL make our voices heard, the folks in Annapolis (and in DC) might remember that, on occasion, the People do hold them accountable.
    Those Senators on the Judicial Committee who deem themselves lowly enough to attend the hearing on the 6th will see my smiling face.
    They should see all of our faces.
    We have packed the halls of the capital building in the past, we need to do it again.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick

It doesn't work that way. The laws aren't a long list of things you're allowed to do. If something isn't prohibited it is legal.

For example, the law doesn't state that you can buy a single action revolver, so it's not illegal.

I'm not sticking up for this POS bill, and we need to get this thing killed.

dmsmith

May 27, 2012
    Some sample text for those interested:

January 27, 2013
    __ ____
    _____ Office Building
    Annapolis, MD 21401

Dear Senator ____,

I am a law-abiding citizen and responsible firearms owner.

I am a sport shooter, competitor, collector and enthusiast. I own and lawfully use many of the firearms that would be banned in the currently proposed legislation targeting ‘Assault Weapons’ and large capacity magazines, SB 150 / SB 281/ HB 294. I use these firearms routinely for lawful, safe, sporting purposes and the implications of these bills would have severe and negative impact on my hobbies, sporting activities, recreation and life.

The restrictions imposed as part of this Bill will have negligible impact on crime in our communities but create tremendous hurdles, maze of legal process and financial burden for law-abiding citizens. We have Laws in place today that need better enforcement. Prosecute convicted felons who attempt to buy firearms and fails the NICS check. Prosecute criminals in possession of a firearm. Make it known that we as a society will not tolerate criminal behavior. But, please, do not burden the law-abiding among us with further restrictions, registration and licensing schemes that the criminals will ignore. This Bill serves only to restrict the law-abiding citizens and will do nothing to stop a criminal.

I am a citizen. I pay taxes. I donate to causes that are important to me. I contribute to political campaigns and organizations that effectively represent me. I vote. Should this bill, or similar, come before you for vote, please remember this e-mail, represent me and vote against it.

Sincerely yours,

You can also find automated e-mailers (to YOUR Rep/Sen) at these links:

http://capwiz.com/nra/state/main/?state=MD&view=myofficials

http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Some action now by making your voice heard could mean you don't have to hide your guns in the future...
    Don't be *that guy* who missed his chance to keep all his shit legal because he couldn't send and e-mail, make a phone call, write a letter or show up at the State House.

dmsmith

May 27, 2012
    It doesn't work that way. The laws aren't a long list of things you're allowed to do. If something isn't prohibited it is legal.

For example, the law doesn't state that you can buy a single action revolver, so it's not illegal.

I'm not sticking up for this POS bill, and we need to get this thing killed.

Actually, if that single action revolver is not on the MD Handgun Roster, then it IS illegal. Sometimes the law does tell you what is legal, leaving everything else as illegal.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    The law as written says you are prohibited from transporting, posessing, etc. except as listed in subsection b, and that subsection only covers transport to the barracks.

mtb

May 24, 2011
    The exact words are:

4–303. (a)
    Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a person may not:
    (1) transport an assault [pistol] WEAPON into the State; or
    (2) possess, sell, offer to sell, transfer, purchase, or receive an assault [pistol] WEAPON.

Subsection b states (about "assault weapons"):

(3) A PERSON WHO LAWFULLY POSSESSED AN ASSAULT LONG GUN OR A COPYCAT WEAPON BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2013, AND WHO REGISTERS THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON WITH THE SECRETARY OF STATE POLICE BEFORE NOVEMBER 1, 2013, MAY:
    (I) CONTINUE TO POSSESS THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON; OR
    (II) WHILE CARRYING A COURT ORDER REQUIRING THE SURRENDER OF THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON, TRANSPORT THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON DIRECTLY TO THE LAW ENFORCEMENT UNIT, BARRACKS, OR STATION IF THE PERSON HAS NOTIFIED THE LAW ENFORCEMENT UNIT, BARRACKS, OR STATION THAT THE PERSON IS TRANSPORTING THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON IN ACCORDANCE WITH A COURT ORDER AND THE ASSAULT LONG GUN OR COPYCAT WEAPON IS UNLOADED.

So I guess you can transport it as long as it doesn't leave the state? It is very unclear. I think that regardless we need to get everyone we can to show up in Annapolis on Feb 6.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom