• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rein217

MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2024
    I"ve gotten conflicting information on the Designated Collector Status. Once you get it how exactly do you get by the 30 day requirement on the 77R. Just checking the DC Status block doesnt eliminate the check box for the 30 day question. I've been told if you check the box yes then MSP will automatically reject the application. And of course if you answer no, you are providing false information. ANybody dealt with this before.

notional

MDS Supporter
    When you make your purchase, your 77R will ask if you're a designated collector. When you check the box, the other boxes blank out for you to be able to check. Also, if you want, you can even attach your designated collector paperwork to your 77R online.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Once you check the designated collector box, the other is irrelevant. Leave it blank. The dealer should be able to explain it properly.

rein217

MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2024
    When you make your purchase, your 77R will ask if you're a designated collector. When you check the box, the other boxes blank out for you to be able to check. Also, if you want, you can even attach your designated collector paperwork to your 77R online.
    Thanks that makes more sense

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I found out the hard way by using a pre collector status 77r that if you dont check it, they make you wait 30 days between transfers. AKA I bought a gun, 20 days later I used an old 77r that I had sitting with out the box checked. They did not release it on day 7, I emailed the SP and the person on the other end of the email "fixed" it.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I did a Web Search of "Maryland Designated Collector" and found the answers to everything related, straight from the horse's mouth.

rein217

MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2024
    FYI Update on my DC status. I received my designated Collector approval 11 days after i mailed it to MSP. I actually got the approval in the mail.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I did a Web Search of "Maryland Designated Collector" and found the answers to everything related, straight from the horse's mouth.

You sure you were checking the correct orifice?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    You sure you were checking the correct orifice?
    Yes. It's called "encourage independence on the easy stuff". There's already enough of you folks that feel a strong need to be Enablers to show how smart you are

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Yes. It's called "encourage independence on the easy stuff". There's already enough of you folks that feel a strong need to be Enablers to show how smart you are
    Maybe my intended insult of the MSP and its website went awry?

Or maybe I'm just not as smart as you think I am. It's hard to tell sometimes around here if I'm being insulted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom