• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Can be up to 59 to apply….. hmmm

I’d get kicked out of the academy for having independent thoughts.

TD

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    For years they were one of the lower paid agencies in the area. Decent pay if you're out west or way down the Shore, but lower pay than average for central MD.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    It is my understanding that Baltimore county has no age restrictions. If you can pass the standards you are good to go.

Nobody

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For years they were one of the lower paid agencies in the area. Decent pay if you're out west or way down the Shore, but lower pay than average for central MD.
    I think new Troopers are starting out at about 66k which isn't bad on top of everything else. A take home vehicle that you can drive from western Maryland all the way down to Crisfield Maryland and not put 1 cent of your money in gas, is priceless.

Triggerfinger

States Rights!
    Sep 1, 2012
    Richlands, North Carolina
    Does it come with a manual for application of abuse of powers, sanctioned murder, condoned destruction of private property and violations of individual rights? If so, SIGN ME UP!

Honestly though, it's a crap job performed by people who are overwhelmed by societies POS and doing their best in a no-win situation. You couldn't pay me enough.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    It is my understanding that Baltimore county has no age restrictions. If you can pass the standards you are good to go.

Nobody
    Are there different standards for men and women? The standard by definition should be the standard.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Well, it seems as if going forward a successful candidate wouldn't have to renew their permit as often when they retire.
    Or maybe even pay for carry insurance while they're active so a couple perks could be in the mix for such a crappy job.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Can you imaine what would happen if 40-50 of us got accepted to MSP? The 2A marches would be very interesting.
    Ah, that's the thing. First disqualifying question is "Are you willing to uphold the Constitution?" "Yes" gets you booted, "no" means you're automatically bypassed training on citizen rights.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Problem is you need 10 years to qualify for the retirement. Might as well say the cut off is 50, as they force retirement at 60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom