• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    There was a really cool tool called Geotool that resolved ip and hostnames to physical location. I actually used it to resolve ip addresses to streets and then reverse addressed the street number to figure out who was checking in on my Myspace page. It was all for kicks and giggles but I did find about 6 names pop up as being people I knew. If you see an IP address for JCITA it's probably my uncle :D

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Ok Ok, having the highest post count is kinda cool, but was it worth the carpal tunnel?

well, it's better than how Spot77 managed to wear his hand out....if you know what I mean...:brows:

Attachments

• Photo_112607_004.jpg
      Photo_112607_004.jpg
      42.5 KB · Views: 302

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    holy cow, is that really your hand, spot?

I was an EMT for 4 years, I know what kind of trauma must have caused that kind of damage. Looks like the photo was taken in the ER, and it doesn't look like the best stitch job I've ever seen.

Has it healed ok?

Last edited:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County

I was an EMT for 4 years, I know what kind of trauma must have caused that kind of damage. Looks like the photo was taken in the ER, and it doesn't look like the best stitch job I've ever seen.

Has it healed ok?

Meh- That pic is so old he's already about worn out that new palm.......:innocent0 :D

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    The only time I saw a hand like that was a guy that didn't understand that you don't let wire rope slide through your hands. A loose wire is called a fishhook. My friend got one caught in his palm and chose to pull it out sooner than have his hand pulled into the tensioner on the winch. Looked about like that with better stitches.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County

Has it healed ok?

Yup, that's really my hand and no, I don't think it was the best stitch job either.....and i have an UGLY scar to prove it!

Functionally it's healed quite well though....for now.

ETA: That's actually three weeks AFTER the surgery....

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County

Has it healed ok?

ER - Shmee Arr

He's an MSI exec member, a gun owner in Maryland and a mod for one of the biggest gun boards around. He's got to be tough as nails.

My guess is that he stitched the damn thing up by himself with a rusty nail and some 24ga wire he had in his tool box. It sure looks like a one handed stitch from a right handed guy sewing left-handed.

:D

(I'm guessing you can still shoot so if a scar is the worst of it you are a lucky guy)

congrats on the 6K - now we need 10% minimum at the next rally (myself included)

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    ER - Shmee Arr

He's an MSI exec member, a gun owner in Maryland and a mod for one of the biggest gun boards around. He's got to be tough as nails.

My guess is that he stitched the damn thing up by himself with a rusty nail and some 24ga wire he had in his tool box. It sure looks like a one handed stitch from a right handed guy sewing left-handed.

:D

(I'm guessing you can still shoot so if a scar is the worst of it you are a lucky guy)

congrats on the 6K - now we need 10% minimum at the next rally (myself included)

Dang - you're good! How'd you know that?

The only thing you got wrong was that the nail wasn't rusty, it was zinc coated. :D

Yeah I can still shoot, but I limit the big bore handguns to just a few shots every so often.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just to update this a little.

We reached a new milestone last night with the number of people online at once. The previous was around 590. That is damned good, even compared to some nationally oriented forums.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
      Picture 1.png
      1.6 KB · Views: 191

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads