Montgomery County data shows ongoing major challenges with police staffing, recruitment

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    ****This is how we will end up with Judge Dredd... :shocked4:

Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Trial lawyers will weep, as they are taken out of the loop. Good news is we won't have to try and get out of jury duty anymore which is currently a high civic responsibility and an honor. So, uhh less honor, fewer lawyers.

Many sad faces. Fewer perps. Perps ain't pretty (that's something the Judge likes to say..)

View attachment 457511
    View attachment 457512
    They'll always find a way to charge legal gun carriers. There's always spare capacity and resources for that.

Mad respect to Karl Urban who absolutely nailed this role (and Dr. McCoy as well).

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Mandatory pronouns in email signatures/business cards?
    Ha, not mandatory, but I'm seeing a lot more of them. I've fought the urge to have a line in my signature that says that I won't succumb to your mental illness. Fairly certain I'd be getting a quick and personal invitation to meet the very "police friendly" Police Accountability Board...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    The purple line can't come to Bethesda fast enough. I can't wait for the Bethesda libs to learn that posting a virtue signaling BLM sign in your yard will not protect you from the low lifes that are on the way from the bowels of PG county.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Ha, not mandatory, but I'm seeing a lot more of them. I've fought the urge to have a line in my signature that says that I won't succumb to your mental illness. Fairly certain I'd be getting a quick and personal invitation to meet the very "police friendly" Police Accountability Board...

Wow. Damn dude. I'm sorry.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    CE Elrich, Anti Police CMs Jawando and Mink, CMs too weak willed to oppose Jawando and Mink, SSJC, anti police staffed Police Accountability Board, vocal anti police MoCo residents dominating public meetings.

Last nights "Free to Leave" public comments meeting was dominated by anti police county residents. in person and virtual testimony filled up quickly. Pretty sure that the anti police side had a "heads up" on when the sign up would begin. Somehow they were first in line.

3 friends here in Poolesville will be retiring from MCPD. 2 others are just leaving.

More info on Mink

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    When I applied in 2001, MCPD was the best department, best pay, best benefits and best equipped. Fast forward to today... we are none of that. It's sad.

Puk da police! Seriously though by screwing over the police they will destroy the county. Good? Vote poorly live poorly.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    The purple line can't come to Bethesda fast enough. I can't wait for the Bethesda libs to learn that posting a virtue signaling BLM sign in your yard will not protect you from the low lifes that are on the way from the bowels of PG county.

May 2027 (Provided there are no further complications):

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

****Wait! you mean those virtue signaling signs don't work!!!??? :shocked4:

Is it because of our education system and the children can't read!!??? How horrid! More money to the schools will totally fix this!!! (Duh).

acab.JPG

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I'd love to hear his elevator pitch on this...
    "Hey, want to move to a place that's just as humid as it is here for a third of the year, but ALSO gets bitter cold and gloomy for another third? And do you want to work in a place where half the people you encounter don't understand you (or pretend they don't), where your bosses consistently work to make your job harder, and publicly vilify you at regular intervals? Well then have I got a job for you!"

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    "Hey, want to move to a place that's just as humid as it is here for a third of the year, but ALSO gets bitter cold and gloomy for another third? And do you want to work in a place where half the people you encounter don't understand you (or pretend they don't), where your bosses consistently work to make your job harder, and publicly vilify you at regular intervals? Well then have I got a job for you!"
    giphy.gif

From this at 10:33:

What a time to be alive. If you haven’t seen this before, enjoy…. Or enjoy it again if you have. :)

Last edited:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Who can forget this classic from the Summer of Love?:

****I remember seeing that video when it came out and laughed my ass off!

Dummies. Everyone and I mean *everyone* (except dummies) knows there are at least five sides to the dildo of consequences that comes about from trying to reason with the BLM/Antifa people. Those dudes are nuts and dangerous when they are in packs outside vs in their basements drinking Code Red Mountain Dew and playing video games while waiting for mom to bring down the meatloaf!

They gonna start a "revolution!" :rolleyes:

lawnmower.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

And the salary that * seems * high compared to what you make here , is actually pitiful compared to the cost of living up there .

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    you made my week with that news.

Thank you!

I'm going to make your week again with this news:

The Maryland Transit Administration will seek approval next month for as much as $425 million in “relief payments” related to delays in the Purple Line light rail project.

Officials announced the extra payments along with a roughly 234-day delay that will push the line’s completion back from spring of 2027 to December of that year.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I'm going to make your week again with this news:

The Maryland Transit Administration will seek approval next month for as much as $425 million in “relief payments” related to delays in the Purple Line light rail project.

Officials announced the extra payments along with a roughly 234-day delay that will push the line’s completion back from spring of 2027 to December of that year.
    Holy crap! That's nearly more than all of Trumps fines! :lol2:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ten billion dollars (which includes about six billion dollars in financing costs over the 36 year life of the project) is a nice windfall for the financiers.

I wonder who is related to that group? That's a lot of green to slop out of the trough.

Who beside the financiers and the holders of fat construction contracts actually benefits to that extent from the project? I can't see it being a benefit to most of the potential passengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom