Montgomery County data shows ongoing major challenges with police staffing, recruitment

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    The truth is we are down more than that. We had 1315 authorized strength 22 years ago. We have about 1050 issued guns right now. That's 265 less officers, 20% of the force.

But fear not, my partner just emailed me Montgomery County's new "Pronoun Guide" guidance. That should fix everything...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

"Xir, you're under arrest."

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    The truth is we are down more than that. We had 1315 authorized strength 22 years ago. We have about 1050 issued guns right now. That's 265 less officers, 20% of the force.

But fear not, my partner just emailed me Montgomery County's new "Pronoun Guide" guidance. That should fix everything...

Hmmmmmm…lack of understanding what is more and what is less important. Wait…you know what is important. You also know what’s important to you don’t mean shit to them. Their list and your list (of most important things) might not even have ANY overlap.

Y’all stay safe.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD

We/he/she/they/them/us/ are screwed?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jawando and Mink are criminal enablers. Mink is still ready for nuclear fallout, yesterday

View attachment 457240

****Amazing people voted for these clowns and plenty think they are doing the "best they can with limited funding" - hint: they need MORE money! Always more money and by golly the crime rate will go WAY down! :crazy:

Jawando outright hates the Police and seemingly always mentions being a Black man profiled and pulled over for no other reason whatsoever.... :crazy: Everyone is totally innocent and they are just being harassed for driving a bit too fast, with a busted out side window on their car, and the smell of weed coming out the windows like an old Steam Locomotive..... :rolleyes:

OMG, you'd think cops were just out to kill or hassle young Black men for no reason other than their race and degree of pigmentation. It gets kind of tiring hearing this all the time, and the MSM reinforces this and often refuses to show or describe the race or appearance of "Be on the lookout for.." if the dude happens to be Black.

The Coulter rule: if there's no picture of the perp *after* being caught, or they have a description just before being caught as just "Youth, 5 foot 7 inches, 167 pounds, tattoo of Malcolm X on right arm, and Tupac on left, wearing blue sleeveless hoodie, blue jeans, and white topped Le Bron signature edition Basketball shoes with red shoelaces.." but no description of race? The dude is Black. It's dumb to do this and it isn't really fooling anybody. Just say the dude is Black in addition to all of the other details and show a flippin' picture. Yes yes, presumption of innocence and all that..

So, Maryland is a *very* liberal state and even in this very liberal state with liberal judges, liberal prosecutors, liberal defense attorneys, liberal pretty much almost *everyone*, and HAS been for at least 30 years - over 70% of the people in our jails are Black people... It's probably not "racism" putting those dudes and dudettes in prison at *vastly* over their percentage in our population... It is their behavior and penchant for criminality and lawlessness. It's kinda like this everywhere in the USA - it is who is doing the crime that leads to ending up in prison, parole, probation. It's crazy, but that's the reality. What really sucks is that every Black guy gets painted with the stain of criminality because SO flipping many of them are in jail, on parole, or probation at some point in their lives - no other race is anywhere *near* that level here in the USA for their % of the population being involved in both violent and non-violent crimes. Liberals know this stuff in general, they just have different ways of wanting to deal with it (ignore it, pretend it doesn't happen, blame *everyone* except the dudes committing the actual crimes...etc..)

Yea it sucks, but it's not making things any better by voting in buffoons like Jawando and Mink who are absolutely soft on crime politicians thinking they are doing Black people some kind of favor by hamstringing the cops and letting people go, or allowing DA's to plea bargain down crimes that *should* be major time in jail to keep the worst people out of ALL society and not just Black/White or whatever color one identifies as.

That Jawando guy is not helping things get better for anyone with his soft on crime policies - he should be voted out and consider doing something different for a living than what he is doing now because he sucks at his job.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Someone just described "the meme" :innocent0

****Yea, long winded as usual but I'm just not into my bug lunch today that our betters are forcing us to eat to help battle climate change....
    th-1480135094.jpg

maxresdefault-2244115560.jpg

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Tariq is going to have a total spaz when he realizes it isn't 14%, it's closer to under 7% (Men)

There is no point in dragging the women into this, unless he's trying to cook the stats!

True.

I’m amazed the Tweet Reply is still up.

Imagine having to spoon feed the concept of "per capita" statistics to someone like this....

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

The Montgomery County Police Department says they were down 128 officers at the beginning of 2024.

Now, the department is down 180 officers, according to the union.
    Recruit classes that used to attract 60-70 members now have 20 recruits. And while county council members recently created a $20,000 police recruit signing bonus, lawmakers concede to FOX 5 that more needs to be done.
    At this rate of attrition MCPD will be down by more than 1100 officers by the end of the year.

While that may be extreme, it is of course what our Local Wokals want, or say that they want.

As crime rises and police presence wanes, look for more of the same.

As undocumented aliens continue to stream in, property crimes, sexual assaults, robbery and crimes resulting from drunkenness will rise along with them.

When the Purple Line opens, things will get more interesting for the Bethesda and Chevy Chase citizenry, because that's where the money is.

Thoughtful of the local govt to provide easier access, while driving out those nasty cops.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    At this rate of attrition MCPD will be down by more than 1100 officers by the end of the year.

While that may be extreme, it is of course what our Local Wokals want, or say that they want.

As crime rises and police presence wanes, look for more of the same.

As undocumented aliens continue to stream in, property crimes, sexual assaults, robbery and crimes resulting from drunkenness will rise along with them.

When the Purple Line opens, things will get more interesting for the Bethesda and Chevy Chase citizenry, because that's where the money is.

Thoughtful of the local govt to provide easier access, while driving out those nasty cops.

Sounds great! Something to look forward to.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    kind of insane the lack of pay for officers. In a world where 10 yr olds doing make up reviews on youtube make a cops yearly salary in 4 months..60 something thousand in Moco of all of places is insane.

I truly sat down and thoroughly researched a career change into policing and take a temp pay cut (Atleast 3 years + overtime to get what im making now) just to be able to retire in my 50's.

But the more i talk to officers, the more i read online from what cops deal with from the job and also their own departments the more i realize my quality of life will just be in the shitter.
    Please believe me when I say, it’s not worth it! I’m working on my 30th year as an LEO. There’s no one in your corner, except the SILENT majority. The same people that thank you for your service to the community, will mf you tomorrow. When chit runs down hill, you’re the storm drain. It takes a huge toll on you body, your mind and your outlook on society as a whole. It is a proven fact, that cops die at earlier ages. The stress is unimaginable, almost every day. When I retired from D.C. almost 5 years ago, it was the best day of my life. That City deserves everything it gets, with its politics. If I were not offered the position I’m in now, I would not be in this career anymore. Too many people out there, hate everything you stand for.
    Another thing to be cognizant of, Maryland took away the Police Bill of Rights. As liberal as this state is, you could easily lose EVERYTHING, at almost every interaction. And most departments can and will, just wipe their hands, of you, allowing you to fend for yourself. I am very lucky to work for a department and community, that truly cares about us. But I had to ascend from Hell, to get it.

I think D.C. is down about a thousand, from authorized numbers. Gee! I wonder why the homicide rate is at a 26 year high. Or why that city’s become the carjacking capital. What’s that old saying? “Those who cannot remember the past, are doomed to repeat it”
    That city is a cliche….

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Hmmm note to self - If I ever get pulled over in MOCO, paint a pink stripe on my head and then sue the dept no matter what pronoun the officer uses when addressing me. Then split the proceeds with every street cop on payroll.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

I took a look at census figures for MoCo from 2000.
    Pop then was ~1,062,000
    Pop last year ~1,046,000

I'm surprised that the population is going down, sad that I'm still here. 16,000 people are brighter than I am. (Can I still use I/me? . . . I'm so confused).

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I took a look at census figures for MoCo from 2000.
    Pop then was ~1,062,000
    Pop last year ~1,046,000

I'm surprised that the population is going down, sad that I'm still here. 16,000 people are brighter than I am. (Can I still use I/me? . . . I'm so confused).
    >60% of current MoCo residents have a college degree. Most of the exodus is lower educated to adjacent counties that can not afford MoCo, or the very very wealthy such as Snyder and Pahlavi moving to VA for tax reasons.

Note as well, these are census numbers, and over the years less people are reporting, especially a segment growing in MoCo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom