• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

"The Late Night Business Safety Plan legislation will be introduced to the Council on Tuesday, February 14. It would establish new rules for nighttime businesses in areas with higher calls for service during certain late night hours to develop Safety Plans in conjunction with the Montgomery County Police Department. Many businesses have already complied with these changes voluntarily and those changes have seen significant reductions in calls for service in and around their facilities."

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    OK, here's my late night safety plan for Silver Spring businesses: arrest the people doing the violent crap and keep them in jail. Late at night, they will still be in jail, instead of out committing yet more crimes.

Oh, I'm sorry. You want a plan that WE have to act on (as long as it doesn't include actually defending our lives), not a plan that YOU, Mr. Executive, could and should have been acting on all along. Boo-freakin'-hoo that you're short on MoCo cops, too. I don't want to hear about it, because that's also YOUR FREAKIN' FAULT.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

"The Late Night Business Safety Plan legislation will be introduced to the Council on Tuesday, February 14. It would establish new rules for nighttime businesses in areas with higher calls for service during certain late night hours to develop Safety Plans in conjunction with the Montgomery County Police Department. Many businesses have already complied with these changes voluntarily and those changes have seen significant reductions in calls for service in and around their facilities."

*****I cannot stand Elrich and cannot believe he won re-election. SO many businesses suffered needlessly due to his draconian Covid policies even after we had a vaccine, and well established protocols for helping those who had health issues that might require more aggressive medical intervention. Plenty of restaurants and other business venues went bankrupt as surrounding community businesses were allowed to re-open and serve their clientele and pay their bills.

He's a soft on crime liberal, typical of his ilk who live in wealthy lower crime areas insulated from the high crime areas full of criminals who should be in jail, stay in jail, or be under the jail in many cases for the most violent offenders. Carjacking, assault, robbery, nuisance crimes, property crimes all seem to be way up in MoCo, not to mention gang activity, etc..

I cannot believe the amount of money I have to shell out to live here in MoCo and have never felt I had good political representation as long as I have lived here. Ironically, many people in my area don't seem to even know who he is, nor be bothered with any of it as they get paid big $$$ that comes in from their employers almost regardless of what the economy is doing - some work for the federal government, or are private contractors, or scientists with very large grant money, etc.. Insulated from most of the stupid policies guys like Elrich have come up with - they mindlessly vote Democrat every election.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Does the plan allow for those that have a carry permit to carry in and around these late night businesses?:rofl:

1676330058068.png

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

This should be retitled to How to Chase Business Out of Montgomery County.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    OK, here's my late night safety plan for Silver Spring businesses: arrest the people doing the violent crap and keep them in jail. Late at night, they will still be in jail, instead of out committing yet more crimes.

Oh, I'm sorry. You want a plan that WE have to act on (as long as it doesn't include actually defending our lives), not a plan that YOU, Mr. Executive, could and should have been acting on all along. Boo-freakin'-hoo that you're short on MoCo cops, too. I don't want to hear about it, because that's also YOUR FREAKIN' FAULT.
    Spot on and exactly right.

I have a late night safety plan I carry with me. These f******s made it more difficult for me to do that with that Bill 21-22.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    *****I cannot stand Elrich and cannot believe he won re-election. SO many businesses suffered needlessly due to his draconian Covid policies even after we had a vaccine, and well established protocols for helping those who had health issues that might require more aggressive medical intervention. Plenty of restaurants and other business venues went bankrupt as surrounding community businesses were allowed to re-open and serve their clientele and pay their bills.

He's a soft on crime liberal, typical of his ilk who live in wealthy lower crime areas insulated from the high crime areas full of criminals who should be in jail, stay in jail, or be under the jail in many cases for the most violent offenders. Carjacking, assault, robbery, nuisance crimes, property crimes all seem to be way up in MoCo, not to mention gang activity, etc..

I cannot believe the amount of money I have to shell out to live here in MoCo and have never felt I had good political representation as long as I have lived here. Ironically, many people in my area don't seem to even know who he is, nor be bothered with any of it as they get paid big $$$ that comes in from their employers almost regardless of what the economy is doing - some work for the federal government, or are private contractors, or scientists with very large grant money, etc.. Insulated from most of the stupid policies guys like Elrich have come up with - they mindlessly vote Democrat every election.
    They're not that insulated anymore...

The armed carjackings are hitting Bethesda now.

So are the armed robberies.

They'll never admit that they're the ones who created a permissive crime environment with an undersized police force and a revolving door court system. They'll just put burdens on businesses instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom