• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    So, we signed on the dotted line and, if nothing goes wrong, should be in PA by the end of the year. I only have a few guns left now, sold most things recently, but have a question about one, my SCAR 17S. I bought it new in Maryland some years ago but I believe the configuration now would be a problem in Maryland. Is it OK to bring into PA? I was reading that rifles are OK unless restricted by federal law. I’ve always worried first about Maryland law so not sure about federal laws.Please see pic at link.

shiza

Oct 16, 2020
    Carroll County
    I don't see why your Scar 17 would be an issue for MD law. MAYBE MAYBE the factory muzzle break could be considered a flash hider because of the small prongs at the end and with the folding stock it would be an "assault weapon" but it looks MD legal to me. PA also has no AWB of any kind so as long as its got a 16 inch barrel its legal. If it's a registered SBR you just need to file a permanent ATF form 20.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    I wasn't born in PA, but lived there from '76-'90......mostly around the Altoona/Hollidaysburg area. Was also in Pittsburgh for about 4 years.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    So, we signed on the dotted line and, if nothing goes wrong, should be in PA by the end of the year. I only have a few guns left now, sold most things recently, but have a question about one, my SCAR 17S. I bought it new in Maryland some years ago but I believe the configuration now would be a problem in Maryland. Is it OK to bring into PA? I was reading that rifles are OK unless restricted by federal law. I’ve always worried first about Maryland law so not sure about federal laws.Please see pic at link.

Whereabouts you moving, I really like the Clearfield county north of 80 area. Have some friends up there we visit regularly..

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    Why do people post things like this? I really am curious. The op bought it legally, presumably isn't a felon and Pennsylvania has no idea what he has. Why put something like this on the internet? It just seems to me that common sense would dictate not doing so and, also, fúck the man

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Why do people post things like this? I really am curious. The op bought it legally, presumably isn't a felon and Pennsylvania has no idea what he has. Why put something like this on the internet? It just seems to me that common sense would dictate not doing so and, also, fúck the man
    Pennsylvania doesn't give a sh*t what he has.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    A return to PA was on my short list of places for the great escape but alas Festerman & Co. I have one move remaining in me and it has to count. Fondest childhood memories were driving with my uncle in his beetle from the Philly area to Bradford County where he had 200+- acres of basically raw land. Knew we were within a half hour when we passed Towanda.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I know right? It sure sounds it. As a kid it gave me giggles to say it with emphasis on WAN. ToWANda! You piqued my curiosity and I searched. Towanda means burial ground in the Algonquian language.

Makes sense. In SE PA and DE many of the names are from the Lenape (three syllable) people. I grew up in Hockessin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom