• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Praying for your wife, DanGuy48
    :thumbsup: She’s doing pretty well, been out of the woods for a while. She’s still on hormone therapy and it has been affecting her. She has had to start going in for infusions every 6 months to counter mineral loss from her bones. The main thing she hates is the almost constant joint pain and weight gain. Thanks for the well wishes…one day at a time.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    :thumbsup: She’s doing pretty well, been out of the woods for a while. She’s still on hormone therapy and it has been affecting her. She has had to start going in for infusions every 6 months to counter mineral loss from her bones. The main thing she hates is the almost constant joint pain and weight gain. Thanks for the well wishes…one day at a time.
    All my best to you and her, brother Dan,

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Mine has the weight gain and her digestion has never been normal after the chemo.

As long as it never comes back, it's worth it! :thumbsup:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    We moved up here in 2008. There aren't state level bans on any firearms, only paperwork would be federal form 20s for NFA items you are relocating. Get a carry permit, if nothing else it allows you to transport firearms much easier, and is usually a simple process with a $20 cost for 5 years. Buying a gun up here takes minutes and just a 4473 for any non NFA long gun, handguns have an additional 1 page form, thats it.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    We moved up here in 2008. There aren't state level bans on any firearms, only paperwork would be federal form 20s for NFA items you are relocating. Get a carry permit, if nothing else it allows you to transport firearms much easier, and is usually a simple process with a $20 cost for 5 years. Buying a gun up here takes minutes and just a 4473 for any non NFA long gun, handguns have an additional 1 page form, thats it.
    Sounds good. Looking forward to getting out of Maryland.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Sounds good. Looking forward to getting out of Maryland.
    Also there are a LOT of small private clubs, find one close and join it. Most public ranges and indoor ranges are stupid expensive, or geared to out of state folk that want to shoot. I can go to my private club basically any time, and shoot whatever I want, all for an annual dues cost less than a few hours at a public range. There are also a lot of small shops that do transfers for reasonable costs. Unlike MD's complexity, expensive transfers, and waiting periods, I can order a gun, and for $20 get it transferred in 15min after it arrives at my local shop (Winter Firearms, Red Lion)

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Gettysburg area. My wife wants to stay fairly close to some of her cancer docs.
    Gotcha, Yeah my wife is a medical adventure also, so health care is a big one for us. Clearfield isn't too far from Dubois, which has a good bit of medical stuff. Good luck with your wife, mine is over 60 surgeries so far, but she's lived to bitch and complain about them !! :lol2:

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Also there are a LOT of small private clubs, find one close and join it. Most public ranges and indoor ranges are stupid expensive, or geared to out of state folk that want to shoot. I can go to my private club basically any time, and shoot whatever I want, all for an annual dues cost less than a few hours at a public range. There are also a lot of small shops that do transfers for reasonable costs. Unlike MD's complexity, expensive transfers, and waiting periods, I can order a gun, and for $20 get it transferred in 15min after it arrives at my local shop (Winter Firearms, Red Lion)
    Interesting about clubs, hadn’t thought of that. I had searched for public ranges near Gettysburg already but not clubs.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Interesting about clubs, hadn’t thought of that. I had searched for public ranges near Gettysburg already but not clubs.
    Littlestown fish and game is between Hanover and Gettysburg, decent club, $75 and 2 work days a year. Have a couple people I've competed with at York Isaac Walton from there.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Damn, never realized so much cutting could be needed for anything.
    Yeah, connective tissue disorders that refuse to heal are ugly. Let alone 18 inch rods holding 17 vertebrea together, subarachnoid shunts, cervico-occipital skull base decompressions. It's amazing what you learn the hardway....

Feb 28, 2013
    Why do people post things like this? I really am curious. The op bought it legally, presumably isn't a felon and Pennsylvania has no idea what he has. Why put something like this on the internet? It just seems to me that common sense would dictate not doing so and, also, fúck the man
    Agreed but like Rod Steiger once said in a old war movie “Forewarned is forearmed”

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Why do people post things like this? I really am curious. The op bought it legally, presumably isn't a felon and Pennsylvania has no idea what he has. Why put something like this on the internet? It just seems to me that common sense would dictate not doing so and, also, fúck the man

Probably Maryland-conditioned BGOS.

Gotta watch your step; they're all out to get us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom