• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Rushing to fill out paperwork does not preclude time spent in consideration of the application process itself.

Yes, I have thought about applying for a CCW for some time. It was only when I went to get my LiveScan done, though, that I learned I had 72 hours to get my CCW app submitted. Before then, I had looked over the application, I had even started to fill it out but I didn't finish until after I got my LiveScan done.

I'm fully aware that Maryland is most likely to end my "folly with a short sweet 'DENIED'" but at least I tried.

You prove my point about you being unprepared. With just a little research on this forum you would have known about the short period between printing and the MSP receiving your app. You would also know about the case in the courts for which we are all waiting for a decision. If you want to be a test case for being denied a permit, that train has left the station.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I don't see the point in berrading the guy over what he knew and didn't know.

Whats the fvckin point in being in a big rush to make sure they have it in their hands in 72 hours, they are going to take 4 + months to process the app anyway!

How good are my prints, and picture, and FBI background check.... and references after 51 weeks now?

TANK222

Dec 19, 2012
    Frederick
    I tried the same thing about 6 months ago. Msp sent my check back about a week later.
    One of my buddies just got his. He works at the Jail so that's what did it for him.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Not berating at all, just stating facts. Same as the 72 hr BS is a fact, like it or not. To want to be the test case for CCW denial is one thing. To overlook the fact that the actual test case is in the court system is just immature.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Not berating at all, just stating facts. Same as the 72 hr BS is a fact, like it or not. To want to be the test case for CCW denial is one thing. To overlook the fact that the actual test case is in the court system is just immature.

Huh?

Whats your issue bro? Not everyone is on here, or even knows this forum exists. It's like getting to be everyday now people on here are rude and condescending to newcomers, not sure what you get out of it to be that way..... :confused:

zethon

Dec 27, 2012
    You prove my point about you being unprepared. With just a little research on this forum you would have known about the short period between printing and the MSP receiving your app. You would also know about the case in the courts for which we are all waiting for a decision. If you want to be a test case for being denied a permit, that train has left the station.

Yes, I wasn't as informed as I could have been. I'm sure with a little research I could have easily found out about the 72 hour period with the LiveScan.

Also, I want to be able to say that I applied for a CCW and was denied, not that others have done so.

I don't see the point in berrading the guy over what he knew and didn't know.

Because that's what trolls do.

We can't all be the poster boy of maturity like yourself. I will try harder in the future!

zethon

Dec 27, 2012
    Huh?

Whats your issue bro? Not everyone is on here, or even knows this forum exists. It's like getting to be everyday now people on here are rude and condescending to newcomers, not sure what you get out of it to be that way..... :confused:

In most cases the person is socially awkward and insecure in real life (usually they have repressed homosexual tendencies as well), so they take a pedantic observation and turn it into a reason to boorishly criticize in order to feel superior. If anyone tries to call them out on this, they claim they're just stating the obvious and that someone has to be the harbinger of truth.

They also, absolutely, must always have the last word.

It's really the nature of trolling.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    The MSP do not give many details about what they want you to produce. They post it in a way to make you think that you have to provide them everything you mentioned and more. I own a VERY small farm business and because of it's size and the way we do business I do not have a business license or do I have a business checking account. So I could not provide 3/4 of the stuff they ask for. I did however provide them with my business related tax returns because we claim all of our income so we can ware the state and feds out with write-offs.

This was enough for them and I was approved and have my Md CCW.

It seems they list the requirements in a way to make it sound as difficult as possible to, I assume to discourage people from applying.

Any restrictions?
    We have had a storefront business for over 20 years
    and wife was told IF she were granted a permit, it would ONLY be for carrying/making deposits.

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    In most cases the person is socially awkward and insecure in real life (usually they have repressed homosexual tendencies as well), so they take a pedantic observation and turn it into a reason to boorishly criticize in order to feel superior. If anyone tries to call them out on this, they claim they're just stating the obvious and that someone has to be the harbinger of truth.

They also, absolutely, must always have the last word.

It's really the nature of trolling.

:rofl:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    So, if little Johnny wants to be first to climb Mt Everest but claims he didn't,t know he'd need oxygen bottles or a permit would you say " go ahead Johnny, climb that mountain, somebody has to be first" or do you break it to him that it's already been done and research would have educated him on the needed supplies.
    Troll, far from it. That accusation comes in handy when you own insecurities stop you from seeing the facts. Me being insecure, if you knew me, such a stupid, uninformed statement would never cross your mind.
    So, go on Johnny, climb that mountain. Happy now?

zethon

Dec 27, 2012
    So, if little Johnny wants to be first to climb Mt Everest but claims he didn't,t know he'd need oxygen bottles or a permit would you say " go ahead Johnny, climb that mountain, somebody has to be first" or do you break it to him that it's already been done and research would have educated him on the needed supplies.

Arguments by analogy are usually very poor. I'm sure you see the problem with yours.

Troll, far from it. That accusation comes in handy when you own insecurities stop you from seeing the facts. Me being insecure, if you knew me, such a stupid, uninformed statement would never cross your mind.

:lol2:

So, go on Johnny, climb that mountain. Happy now?

Thanks! I'll let you know what happens. :)

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Interesting. I can understand VA being knowledgeable, but what about Utah or Florida?

I'm thinking I will apply too then, although I am loathe to provide my fingerprints as if I need to prove my innocence. VA issues resident concealed handgun permits without fingerprints so MD ought to be able to do it too.

As far as that goes some states you don't even need a permit. If they can do it so can every other state. But that's not the real world we live in.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Any restrictions?
    We have had a storefront business for over 20 years
    and wife was told IF she were granted a permit, it would ONLY be for carrying/making deposits.

Who did she hear that from?

Most permits have restrictions from what I hear. To summarize mine, "When carrying business related currency as Owner of same".

So what's this mean? Well clearly it applies to any time I go to and from the bank with deposits. But to me it also applies when I go to pick up supplies or equipment. Anything I do to or for my business, I'm carrying business related currency. If I drive to Home Depot to buy whatever so I can make repairs to my business I'm using business related currency. If I drive to Best Buy to buy a new computer that will be used to track business info, I'm using business related currency. If I go to Office Depot to buy office supplies to use with business activities I'm using business related currency.

zethon

Dec 27, 2012
    Out of spite, MSP will grant this permit. Zethon will update us with this fact and the rest of you will send in your checks...then MSP will deny them. It's a money making tactic. :D

:lol: I hope so!

I just checked the confirmation number and the application was received yesterday at 11.30am. So it's now in the hands of the MSP.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Who did she hear that from?

Most permits have restrictions from what I hear. To summarize mine, "When carrying business related currency as Owner of same".

So what's this mean? Well clearly it applies to any time I go to and from the bank with deposits. But to me it also applies when I go to pick up supplies or equipment. Anything I do to or for my business, I'm carrying business related currency. If I drive to Home Depot to buy whatever so I can make repairs to my business I'm using business related currency. If I drive to Best Buy to buy a new computer that will be used to track business info, I'm using business related currency. If I go to Office Depot to buy office supplies to use with business activities I'm using business related currency.

You are correct AND you still may get in hot water as it will depend on the interpretation of the officers & then prosecutor IF they become involved. I was told it depends in where you live...Eastern Shore where I live should be OK v. around Baltimore.

I don't agree with this at all, but this is a fact. Either way, if you have to pull your firearm, your in for a legal battle. Coming home is a great alternative.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    You are correct AND you still may get in hot water as it will depend on the interpretation of the officers & then prosecutor IF they become involved. I was told it depends in where you live...Eastern Shore where I live should be OK v. around Baltimore.

I don't agree with this at all, but this is a fact. Either way, if you have to pull your firearm, your in for a legal battle. Coming home is a great alternative.

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

I agree. But also it's not like LEO's are mind readers. If your even dealing with the issues something happen where you are dealing with the LEO in the first place. But I believe there are more LEO's out there on your side then are out to get you. It seems you agree with everything I listed as I do. But when I first got my permit it came with VERY LITTLE advice on what to and what not to do. So I contact the few LEO's that I know are run all this by them to see what they thought. They all said in one way or another, all of these examples are good in their book. The basically said if your conducting any business at all, and your the business owner, your carrying business currency.

What this one LEO told me is the bottom line, if you carry canceled like your should, it will never be an issue because no one will know you have it on you. If you find yourself pleading a he said/she said to a LEO about why you have your gun on you...you screwed up somewhere and there is a reason that you could have prevented that led up to that encounter with said LEO.

This one other LEO said, the people that can't keep their mouth shut about having the permit and carrying are the ones that always get in trouble. The people that can carry and keep their mouth shut are good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom