• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    came in yesterday.

great service by robertsons, i chose to get one of the cleaned up ones, just $20. i was surprised at how clean it was, there was no cosmo on at at all except for a little under the sight slider when i slid it forward, all i had to clean was a little crud that was stuck in the gas tube, basically just 20 minutes to look the whole thing over and make sure its all good, it was nice and clean with a little oil on all the metal, even the stock was nice and clean of cosmo.

this one is all matching and a 6 digit serial number, the metal is all in great condition, with just enough finish wear to give it that nice used look i love. the bore condition looks almost unissued! its always a good sign when you stick your bore light in the chamber, look down the bore and get blinded! i had to put the bore light in at a slight angle to see anything, its like a mirror chamber in there.

the stock is obviously chewed up, but its sound, a couple of nasty gouges, a little clean up and BLO should make it look nice enough. i think most of the stock damage comes from simply careless handling, they stack them like cord wood, thats why you see alot of round gouges where another rifles bolt handle hit it.

i really like this rifle, it feels good in the hands, the stock seems to be a slightly thinner profile in some areas compared to a yugo stock. and i love my 59/66 but a nice SKS as it was intended without the extra stuff on it is so much more handy and looks nicer.

PICS!

the last one is my yugo m59/66a1 and m59 along with the m56.

chinesesks.jpg
    chinesesks2.jpg
    chinesesks3.jpg

chinesesks4.jpg

chinesesks5.jpg

chinesesks6.jpg

chinesesks7.jpg

chinesesks8.jpg

mitchugh

Feb 3, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Looks good. I got 2 from robertson's, definitely agree on the great service. Mine don't have the electric pencil markings on the reciever, just on the barrel from c.a.i. Any reason that's there? Does that show it's all matching? Just curious

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Looks good. I got 2 from robertson's, definitely agree on the great service. Mine don't have the electric pencil markings on the reciever, just on the barrel from c.a.i. Any reason that's there? Does that show it's all matching? Just curious

The only EP markings on recievers seem to be on "some" 6 didgit rifles as not all have the EP serial number. I have a number of 6 digit ones with no EP. Not sure why CIA did it to some 6 digit rifles and not others.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    The only EP markings on recievers seem to be on "some" 6 didgit rifles as not all have the EP serial number. I have a number of 6 digit ones with no EP. Not sure why CIA did it to some 6 digit rifles and not others.

when a new serial is applied its because it has to be for compliance, i guess the ATF has rules about the serial numbers i dunno.

looking at my serial above, the EP number is the same as the original, but with the letters "DUP" added at the end.

to me DUP could stand for duplicate, so perhaps somehow there was more than one with the same serial number.

i can see no other reason why you would EP a new serial number that matches the existing one, which is clearly legible, only to add "DUP" to it.

its possible that because romanian SKS are also designated as "m56" that this is done to avoid duplicates of "m56" SKS with the same serial number. im not familiar with romanian SKS serial numberss to say for sure that is possible though.

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    Arrived today...

My Type 56 arrived from Roberston today, completely matching. Even some of the smaller parts are electro penned with the #s. My rifle was totally covered in cosmo! After using the heat gun on the stock, I gave it a BLO scrub (BLO & Paint Thinner with steel wool). I have kinda of given up on making the stock look nice again, rather splintered and cracked. Metal is nice, no rust anywhere. More pics to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_2430.jpg
      IMG_2430.jpg
      58.5 KB · Views: 92

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    The bayonet looks pristine! That's the original one just cleaned up?

i imagine so, but they're not numbered so i couldnt say for sure.

im not quite sure what the finish on the blade is, but it seems to be like anodized or like a matte chrome or something to protect it, plus the bayonets arent exposed to the gunpowder and likely saw no use, and considering the great condition of the rest of the metal on the gun, its understandable that the bayonet would look so great.

My Type 56 arrived from Roberston today, completely matching. Even some of the smaller parts are electro penned with the #s. My rifle was totally covered in cosmo! After using the heat gun on the stock, I gave it a BLO scrub (BLO & Paint Thinner with steel wool). I have kinda of given up on making the stock look nice again, rather splintered and cracked. Metal is nice, no rust anywhere. More pics to follow.

depends what your definition of "nice" is, you can fix the crack, clean up some of the splintering, and if its real bad, you can smoother the stock out by steaming some of the dents out, it will look pretty decent.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I have one incoming. Hope it doesn't include the accessory cracked stock!

Ordered it Thursday afternoon. They shipped it today (Saturday) Priority Mail. Expected delivery Monday. That's fast service.

Now to try and find the ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom