• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zombie State

Feb 13, 2012
    I just picked up my S&W 686 today from Discount Shooters in Mt. Airy. My first hand gun. It was a bit of a hike from my neck of the woods but this is exactly what I wanted. The hardest part was waiting for the state to process the paperwork. Thanks Lou!

Eager to give her a nice cleaning and maybe a new Hogue grip. Yeah, my girl wears rubber. :cool:

Time to join a range and get a basic hand gun class.

Attachments

• ZS1.jpg
      ZS1.jpg
      95.1 KB · Views: 405
    • zs2.jpg
      zs2.jpg
      84.2 KB · Views: 394
    • zs3.jpg
      zs3.jpg
      88.8 KB · Views: 388

RonInMD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 22, 2010
    I just picked up my S&W 686 today from Discount Shooters in Mt. Airy. My first hand gun. It was a bit of a hike from my neck of the woods but this is exactly what I wanted. The hardest part was waiting for the state to process the paperwork. Thanks Lou!

Eager to give her a nice cleaning and maybe a new Hogue grip. Yeah, my girl wears rubber. :cool:

Time to join a range and get a basic hand gun class.

Is it a -1? If so does it have the "M" stamped over the serial number? If it is is a -1 without the "M" you can send it back to S&W on their dime to have it modified and the "M" stamped on it.

Here's the recall notice: http://www.firearmsid.com/Recalls/FA_Recalls 5.htm

Last edited:

T-Rite

Feb 22, 2012
    Why did you choose that caliber for your first handgun?

Are you familiar with shooting the .357?

T-Rite

Feb 22, 2012
    Anybody know where I can find mags for the new Smith and Wesson M&P22 .22lr semi-auto pistol? S&W doesn't have any. They're on back border. Looks like they rushed the gun to market before they had a decent stock of mags. And it only comes with one in the case.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Nice S&W. I like the grips, too.....but then again, I'm old fashioned. Get the rubber grips you want and she'll look brand new.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I've had 3 of them, a 2"(2.5?), 4" LE trade in and the one I still have a 6".
    S&W's 686's have great triggers! Good solid choice for a first handgun. Shoot .38special or .357's, great versatility.

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    Congrats! The 357 revolver is very versatile and the 686 is a great gun. Enjoy.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    Anybody know where I can find mags for the new Smith and Wesson M&P22 .22lr semi-auto pistol? S&W doesn't have any. They're on back border. Looks like they rushed the gun to market before they had a decent stock of mags. And it only comes with one in the case.

Start your own thread on the subject! Hijacking a persons new to me gun thread is rude and in poor taste..:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom