• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Whatever I carry usually ends up next to me. Recently I've been packing my Colt Commander, or my Beretta 92FS, which I recently got a 20-round factory mag for (for only $35 too!).

Used to have a TLR-2 on my Steyr M40-A1, but the batts died. Should probably get new ones... lol.

hakr100

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    This newbie serves as my bedside firearm:

Shadow-1.jpg

One in the pipe, 19 in the mag. Straight, SAO trigger. It's an all-steel SP01 Shadow from the CZ Custom Shop, with a few hundred dollars of "extras" on the inside from CZ Custom.

hakr100

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    How do you like the flat trigger?

Splitter

Well, before I got it in my grubby hands, I thought the trigger would feel strange, since it has no curve in it. But the first time I shot it, it felt perfectly natural. I believe the pull is less than 3#. There is sure as hell no play of any kind. Pull the trigger and an immediate BANG!

My first shot, I put a red paper cup full of water down on the ground 25 yards away in my backyard and fired. Splat! Hit the cup dead center. First shot. I wasn't able to do that with my SIG X-5.

Since then, I've put about 150 rounds through the CZ, and it seems just as accurate and easy to shoot as the X-5. There's no real muzzle flip - one of the advantages of a steel pistol. It may even lock up better, but I'm not enough of a shooter to know. It sure feels good.

P.S. I do want to do a "shout out" for the CZ Custom Shop. They know their stuff, their prices are reasonable, and they answer questions on the phone and via email.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    How do you like the flat trigger?

Splitter

One of the supposed advantages with a flat trigger is that you get a consistent trigger pull no matter where your finger is on the surface. Especially with DA triggers that have a swing, the difference in pull is lessened. Even some 1911 shooters like a flat trigger for more consistency.

Eudaimonia

Sep 1, 2009
    One of the supposed advantages with a flat trigger is that you get a consistent trigger pull no matter where your finger is on the surface. Especially with DA triggers that have a swing, the difference in pull is lessened. Even some 1911 shooters like a flat trigger for more consistency.

On a 1911 it doesn't seem that odd to me, but on that CZ I'm not sure I like the look. I'm more then willing to take the gun for a test drive and see if I like the feel of it, though. :innocent0

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Well, before I got it in my grubby hands, I thought the trigger would feel strange, since it has no curve in it. But the first time I shot it, it felt perfectly natural. I believe the pull is less than 3#. There is sure as hell no play of any kind. Pull the trigger and an immediate BANG!

My first shot, I put a red paper cup full of water down on the ground 25 yards away in my backyard and fired. Splat! Hit the cup dead center. First shot. I wasn't able to do that with my SIG X-5.

Since then, I've put about 150 rounds through the CZ, and it seems just as accurate and easy to shoot as the X-5. There's no real muzzle flip - one of the advantages of a steel pistol. It may even lock up better, but I'm not enough of a shooter to know. It sure feels good.

P.S. I do want to do a "shout out" for the CZ Custom Shop. They know their stuff, their prices are reasonable, and they answer questions on the phone and via email.

You can shoot in your back yard? :mad54: :D

hakr100

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    You can shoot in your back yard? :mad54: :D

I don't abuse the privilege*, but our house is the proper distance from any other houses, and I have a couple of spots where if I place a low target and miss, the bullet either goes into the ground or a firewood backstop.

* I don't shoot in my yard on weekends, or outside of school hours during the week. We have some farms and large fields behind the woods of our place, and I sometimes hear shotguns being discharged. So, the neighbors are used to hearing guns fired a few times a week.

Fire-4-Effect

Aug 3, 2008
    Frederick, Md
    This newbie serves as my bedside firearm:

Shadow-1.jpg

One in the pipe, 19 in the mag. Straight, SAO trigger. It's an all-steel SP01 Shadow from the CZ Custom Shop, with a few hundred dollars of "extras" on the inside from CZ Custom.

hakr100,

Is that the competition rear sight or the tactical rear sight from Angus at czcustom? I ask because he has my CZ-75 SA right now and I had to decide between the competition or tactical rear sight. I went competition because it is for range use. I have a P-01 for self defense. I also took a chance on the aluminum grips. We shall see. I will post pics once it comes back.

I am trully a CZ fanatic. I am looking right now at getting an SP-01 as I have two CZ-75b's and the P-01. That PCR sure looks sweet though on Angus's site.

Phil

hakr100

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    hakr100,

Is that the competition rear sight or the tactical rear sight from Angus at czcustom? I ask because he has my CZ-75 SA right now and I had to decide between the competition or tactical rear sight. I went competition because it is for range use. I have a P-01 for self defense. I also took a chance on the aluminum grips. We shall see. I will post pics once it comes back.

I am trully a CZ fanatic. I am looking right now at getting an SP-01 as I have two CZ-75b's and the P-01. That PCR sure looks sweet though on Angus's site.

Phil

It is described as a Competition Style rear sight. However, some of the parts descriptions on the Custom site sound like each other. I suggest you call and ask. I did not request a change of rear sights on my pistol.

I am very impressed with the CZ I now have. So much so, I've decided that if I get a .45, it'll be a CZ97B, and not an XD or even a 1911.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I am very impressed with the CZ I now have. So much so, I've decided that if I get a .45, it'll be a CZ97B, and not an XD or even a 1911.[/QUOTE]

My CZ97B on top, the big bore brother of your SP01.:D

Attachments

• S1050179.JPG
      S1050179.JPG
      97.8 KB · Views: 326

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    resurecting this thread b/c i didnt think it was needed to start a new one. but, SOON TO BE dont have it yet but my next set up will be used to replace my 9mm px4 storm, a Ruger sr40 brushed stainless with xs big dot night sights,laser max guide rod laser, streamlight tr1-s light or maybe ill look into getting one of the viridian green lasers.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Wow... diggin' deep... lol. Since I have posts on this same page, I'll respond:

My bedside gun is now my G19, wearing the TLR-2 I've had for years (with new batts of course ;)).

In the closet is my SBR with all sorts of tactical accoutrements to handle many situations.

In the next year or so I'm planning on getting a Benelli M4 for a good house gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom