• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Congrats. She is a keeper. My wife asked for an HQL class about 5 years ago. Now she has 4 pistols, and MD, DE, PA & AZ CCWs.
    Thanks and that’s cool. My wife has a few guns but never wanted to take a class so she would pick and I would buy but tonight shocked me. And I doubt she even knows what a Glock is. She usually picks guns by their looks lol.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Yeah... my wife took a class and wanted a 43X like mine, cool, so I bought her one. Then when I wanted to buy a couple of AR lowers, she told me that I already spent $500 on guns this winter and we didn't have any money left in the gun budget right now. So that backfired on me...

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Thanks and there’s always hope lol!!
    In my case, I'd call it a pretty long shot but I'll take your optimism as a good omen.

Guess I need to make it down to southern Maryland more so I can find these conservative gun toting women you speak of.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Yeah... my wife took a class and wanted a 43X like mine, cool, so I bought her one. Then when I wanted to buy a couple of AR lowers, she told me that I already spent $500 on guns this winter and we didn't have any money left in the gun budget right now. So that backfired on me...
    It’s great that she wanted and took the class and got herself a pistol! Now the budget shortage, not so much, but there’s always a side job or grabbing 50-60 hours of OT next month if that’s an option. It always works for me.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    In my case, I'd call it a pretty long shot but I'll take your optimism as a good omen.

Guess I need to make it down to southern Maryland more so I can find these conservative gun toting women you speak of.
    I have told a lotta guys here, find you a farmer’s daughter or a cop’s daughter down here or a construction worker daughter down here. My girl was raised by her CIA agent grandfather so guns were always around so she was plenty used to them.

Keep looking and I hope it works out for you!

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I have told a lotta guys here, find you a farmer’s daughter or a cop’s daughter down here or a construction worker daughter down here. My girl was raised by her CIA agent grandfather so guns were always around so she was plenty used to them.

Keep looking and I hope it works out for you!
    Farmer or construction worker daughters sound like good options. The cop thing, that hasn't been such a winner for me. Starting in middle school. Dad/cop took me upstairs to show me his guns to scare me. I asked him where the good ones were hidden. I think that pissed him off worse than taking out his daughter.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Farmer or construction worker daughters sound like good options. The cop thing, that hasn't been such a winner for me. Starting in middle school. Dad/cop took me upstairs to show me his guns to scare me. I asked him where the good ones were hidden. I think that pissed him off worse than taking out his daughter.
    Sorry to hear about the cop trying to scare you. Maybe you should find a good old boy redneck cop’s daughter. Still a bunch of them down here.

All dads will try and scare you though, the thing is they’re just trying to protect their daughter and trying to get respect. I was threatened with death by several fathers but I figured they wouldn’t kill me because I was such a good catch for their daughters lol.

Anyway, never abandon hope.

I will say a prayer for you to find the right girl!!

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Definitely check out Flat Broke Shooters about women’s only class. I believe his wife teaches the Women on Target or whatever it’s called NRA class. Probably best to stop by or make a phone call

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Small Glock and everything…
    (you put significant effort into planting that subtle “Freudian slip”, somebody had to acknowledge it!)
    As others have said, and you obviously already knew, you have chosen extremely well.
    Lol, when she said that I really heard something else, and I began to wonder WTF is she talking about, then she started talking about taking a class and then she started with “ and I don’t want a hand me down gun” and everything started fitting together and I understood what she wanted and I almost started celebrating lol. I did also ask her if she said small glock also but I don’t think she caught it

She said it , that’s why I wrote it. I now assume her officer friend must have mentioned a Glock to her

Yes I am truly lucky

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Definitely check out Flat Broke Shooters about women’s only class. I believe his wife teaches the Women on Target or whatever it’s called NRA class. Probably best to stop by or make a phone call
    Thank you, I will

There calendar is screwy online but it may be because I am using my phone

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Yeah, the real life, first world struggles of having a “shooter chick” wife are stone cold reality, I lost my first Sig P365 15 minutes after I walked in the house with it. I went in to work the next morning and had my boss order me another one. AND she’s left handed, so no holster sharing, either.
    AND, wait until she out shoots you in front of a bunch of shooting buddies (and strangers)

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Puts a new twist on talk dirty to me - nice!

However, I want to know more about what the MGA could do to keep you from getting a permit post Bruen. I figured they'll just follow Moco and make it impossible to carry without violating a newly defined GFZ.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Sorry to hear about the cop trying to scare you. Maybe you should find a good old boy redneck cop’s daughter. Still a bunch of them down here.

All dads will try and scare you though, the thing is they’re just trying to protect their daughter and trying to get respect. I was threatened with death by several fathers but I figured they wouldn’t kill me because I was such a good catch for their daughters lol.

Anyway, never abandon hope.

I will say a prayer for you to find the right girl!!
    Thank you.

That was middle school. I wasn't afraid of fathers. Never have been. I didn't see any need for their approval. Actually seemed to have much better success in my teen years if daddy hated me as the daughters seemed to be stimulated by the conflict.

These days I am closer to 40 than 30. I have little patience. I like doing what I want and spend no time seeking a lifetime mate. If I accidentally bump into one, it must be because of your help!

Buy her the glock she wants, get her some solid carry holsters, and find a good trainer. If you strike out on that, PM me and I'll pass contact info for a lady TC who does both group and private training. Not sure she makes it down your way but I've seen her work and I'd send my mother to her if my mother didn't hate guns. A great resource is A Girl and a Gun. Known a couple women who participated. They do local stuff and also a big annual match/training event. One lady is a very serious competitive shooter and speaks highly of the annual events as both challenging and supportive.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Puts a new twist on talk dirty to me - nice!

However, I want to know more about what the MGA could do to keep you from getting a permit post Bruen. I figured they'll just follow Moco and make it impossible to carry without violating a newly defined GFZ.
    Thanks!

And my guess on the officers MGA statement is his interpretation of exactly the GFZ bs that moco is trying and it going statewide. I also didn’t understand how he thought anyone with a permit would get grandfathered in. I believe he is parroting a version of what he has heard at work. I hope he is completely incorrect but our MGA does suck and this is md

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Thank you.

That was middle school. I wasn't afraid of fathers. Never have been. I didn't see any need for their approval. Actually seemed to have much better success in my teen years if daddy hated me as the daughters seemed to be stimulated by the conflict.

These days I am closer to 40 than 30. I have little patience. I like doing what I want and spend no time seeking a lifetime mate. If I accidentally bump into one, it must be because of your help!

Buy her the glock she wants, get her some solid carry holsters, and find a good trainer. If you strike out on that, PM me and I'll pass contact info for a lady TC who does both group and private training. Not sure she makes it down your way but I've seen her work and I'd send my mother to her if my mother didn't hate guns. A great resource is A Girl and a Gun. Known a couple women who participated. They do local stuff and also a big annual match/training event. One lady is a very serious competitive shooter and speaks highly of the annual events as both challenging and supportive.
    I do hope you find the one for you!

And let me get thru the holidays and see what I can figure out for her training, and mine, down here and if it doesn’t work out I will get back with you on the lady your speaking of

And thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom