• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    So why does anyone put up with his self-appointed range monitor antics? Is there not someone at DNR you can call if he fails to vacate his lane after 1 hour? I'd be really p***ed off if I was one of those standing in line following the range rules and he was hogging a lane without any meaningful shooting. Not to mention his abuse of the cold range calls.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Aside from DNR Police, not really.

The guy responsible for the Operation of MG has said numerous times he'd like to see it closed all but for 1 month a year (the range portion at least), so he's not exactly going to be of any real assistance.

The poor guys tasked with maintaining the range are between a rock and a hard place, they'd love to be on-site during the weekends in an official capacity, but management nixed that - don't want to pay them for the hours. Management also nixed the volunteers idea years ago.

You have an anti-gun, anti-hunter running the show. Need I say more??

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    So why does anyone put up with his self-appointed range monitor antics? Is there not someone at DNR you can call if he fails to vacate his lane after 1 hour? I'd be really p***ed off if I was one of those standing in line following the range rules and he was hogging a lane without any meaningful shooting. Not to mention his abuse of the cold range calls.

There is a number to call. The NRP can put him in his place.

dspurlock

Mar 31, 2013
    Aside from DNR Police, not really.
    The guy responsible for the Operation of MG has said numerous times he'd like to see it closed all but for 1 month a year (the range portion at least), so he's not exactly going to be of any real assistance.

The poor guys tasked with maintaining the range are between a rock and a hard place, they'd love to be on-site during the weekends in an official capacity, but management nixed that - don't want to pay them for the hours. Management also nixed the volunteers idea years ago.

You have an anti-gun, anti-hunter running the show. Need I say more??

There is a number to call. The NRP can put him in his place.

So speaking from a newbie perspective, why is this tolerated?? I was last down at MG about 10 years ago and had a few great times there. Now just getting back into shooting, I’m now going to have to experience this? Again, why is this tolerated? If the person has no authority, why is he able to hijack the range? I’m trying to figure out why more experienced people around here are letting this happen?

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    So speaking from a newbie perspective, why is this tolerated?? I was last down at MG about 10 years ago and had a few great times there. Now just getting back into shooting, I’m now going to have to experience this? Again, why is this tolerated? If the person has no authority, why is he able to hijack the range? I’m trying to figure out why more experienced people around here are letting this happen?

you ever been "rick rolled"? well got "henry rolled"...most people want to shoot not get in a pissing match and "tolerate" his stupidity...I usually didn't stay long when he was there or just hogged up a lane till I was done shooting...or We would go up to the shotgun range and shoot skeet...I didn't let that fool ruin my day with his rape whistle...he is also commonly known as Lord of the range...I'm glad I don't have to deal with him anymore!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Hell, I watched Mdeng rotate one rifle over about 30 degrees while firing, just so the brass would get on him.

It was priceless. :party29:

Who me, never.:innocent6:

That was my S&W M&P X15. For some reason it ejects at 90 degrees to the right. It did make it easy to find my brass.

PeePeeMcGee

Jun 24, 2013
    NOVA
    This past weekend Henry yelled at the guy next to him because apparently the guy's brass "dinged" his gun. Henry has a thick new york accent and I hate yankees.

Badfish55

Mar 8, 2013
    PAX RIVER
    Ive been out there just one time a week ago on a saturday and i have to say it was quite enjoyable except there was one guy there that was a Complete idiot he ran out on his lane while there was still atleast 4 people still hot after that i removed my self from there immediately.

NOBE shooter

Aug 12, 2013
    North Beach, MD

you ever been "rick rolled"? well got "henry rolled"...most people want to shoot not get in a pissing match and "tolerate" his stupidity...I usually didn't stay long when he was there or just hogged up a lane till I was done shooting...or We would go up to the shotgun range and shoot skeet...I didn't let that fool ruin my day with his rape whistle...he is also commonly known as Lord of the range...I'm glad I don't have to deal with him anymore!

I didn't say anything, mostly because I didn't know. Mob mentality. If everyone seems to be accept it...

I might confront him if this situation arises again. I also might call DNR police too.

I drove an hour to get the MG. I wanted to shoot my new pistol, but I also wanted to shoot a rifle I couldn't shoot at MSAR (not to mention I didn't want to pay). I didn't even get to shoot the rifle because the extended delay caused by Henry. AKA Yogi.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Ive been out there just one time a week ago on a saturday and i have to say it was quite enjoyable except there was one guy there that was a complete idiot he ran out on his lane while there was still atleast 4 people still hot after that i removed my self from there immediately.

Could of been a teaching moment, one way or another, hopefully allways after the fact.:D

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    I didn't say anything, mostly because I didn't know. Mob mentality. If everyone seems to be accept it...

I might confront him if this situation arises again. I also might call DNR police too.

I drove an hour to get the MG. I wanted to shoot my new pistol, but I also wanted to shoot a rifle I couldn't shoot at MSAR (not to mention I didn't want to pay). I didn't even get to shoot the rifle because the extended delay caused by Henry. AKA Yogi.

What does king Henry/Yogi look like? I thought I knew, but am not sure now. Is he white, black, asian, latino, old, middle age, glasses, balding, and what type vehicle does he drive? Is he just there on the weekends or sometimes during the week?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    What does king Henry/Yogi look like? I thought I knew, but am not sure now. Is he white, black, asian, latino, old, middle age, glasses, balding, and what type vehicle does he drive? Is he just there on the weekends or sometimes during the week?

White.. old age . Glasses.. short hair.. drives a green pickup.. always wear white T-shirt.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    White, maybe around 60, large glasses like were popular in the late 80s early 90s. He had a hat on and I don't know about car. He seems to be a chain smoker.

Sounds like me, except for the 80's large style glasses and chain smoker...:lol::D

I'm headed that way in a little while...

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    lx1x said:
    White.. old age . Glasses.. short hair.. drives a green pickup.. always wear white T-shirt.

White, maybe around 60, large glasses like were popular in the late 80s early 90s. He had a hat on and I don't know about car. He seems to be a chain smoker.

Whew!!!!! Except for the chain smoker part (and my truck is red), that sounds like me!!!

My kids call my glasses, "Dad's windshields!" :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom