• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roscoe1

MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2023
    E.Shore
    Hi folks, this may be a little long winded. I'll try keep it short .

My father served in the Army for 22 years. He was a Combat Engineer, Sapper. He was also a excellent Marksman. In 1991 he was awarded the Bronze EIC Rifle Badge. He also holds the NRA Expert Marksman. He was working on his points to earn the coveted Distinguished Marksman Badge.

As you can see he was awarded this Badge in 91'. He served in Desert Fox and Desert Storm His competition days ended and never pursued the competitive shooting again.

Last month my father and I visited his brother in W.V. One evening a pack of Coyotes came into the field. My uncle said I wish they were closer I'd pop one. My father said I'll be back. He grabbed my uncles .308 Scout with iron sights.. Spent a few minutes setting up a makeshift rest on the deck railing with a seat cushion . We both stood back like WTF is he up to. He squeezed one off and a second later with a shit eating grin chuckled, impact!. At 68 I was speechless! We later ranged it out at 370 yds iron sights.

Yesterday I was thinking about him earning his EIC Badge. I've seen it maybe twice as it resides in his safe. Amazing how the old generation is so humble. He's kept it in the crummy original envelope and box and never speaks of it.Today I snuck over while the folks were out and borrowed it.

With Fathers Day approaching I would like to do something nice with his badge. So he may display it proudly like he should! I am asking for ideas on ways to display this badge?
    IMG_20230604_145944369.jpg
    IMG_20230604_150153123.jpg

Enclosed a few images, one I blocked out due to SS#.

Thanks for any feedback!

Roscoe1

MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2023
    E.Shore
    I was thinking a shadow box as well. I spoke with my mother today. She has some photos of him in Dress Uniform. Maybe a larger box with Badge and Photo?

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I second a shadow box. It should be displayed as it would be worn on the uniform with his medals and ribbons. I have an EIC badge as well and only wore it once because I HAD to wear my uniform for a promotion board. There was really no other way to have it displayed for any reason really. Just my opinion. But it’s a nice thing to reflect back on with everything else. I’m sure he’d appreciate it.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hi folks, this may be a little long winded. I'll try keep it short .

My father served in the Army for 22 years. He was a Combat Engineer, Sapper. He was also a excellent Marksman. In 1991 he was awarded the Bronze EIC Rifle Badge. He also holds the NRA Expert Marksman. He was working on his points to earn the coveted Distinguished Marksman Badge.

As you can see he was awarded this Badge in 91'. He served in Desert Fox and Desert Storm His competition days ended and never pursued the competitive shooting again.

Last month my father and I visited his brother in W.V. One evening a pack of Coyotes came into the field. My uncle said I wish they were closer I'd pop one. My father said I'll be back. He grabbed my uncles .308 Scout with iron sights.. Spent a few minutes setting up a makeshift rest on the deck railing with a seat cushion . We both stood back like WTF is he up to. He squeezed one off and a second later with a shit eating grin chuckled, impact!. At 68 I was speechless! We later ranged it out at 370 yds iron sights.

Yesterday I was thinking about him earning his EIC Badge. I've seen it maybe twice as it resides in his safe. Amazing how the old generation is so humble. He's kept it in the crummy original envelope and box and never speaks of it.Today I snuck over while the folks were out and borrowed it.

With Fathers Day approaching I would like to do something nice with his badge. So he may display it proudly like he should! I am asking for ideas on ways to display this badge? View attachment 416433 View attachment 416434

Enclosed a few images, one I blocked out due to SS#.

Thanks for any feedback!
    I got a shadow box on Amazon for military decorations and mounted my dads bronze star along with citation and gave it to him a few years ago. He happily hung it on his wall with pride. Should also work with badges.

Roscoe1

MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2023
    E.Shore
    Looks like a shadow box is the concensius.
    Appreciate the input. Wanted to do something more personal for Fathers Day this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom