• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I grew up getting my hair cut in an barbershop that was about the size of 3-4 phone booths run by an old Italian man and his son. A great experience for a kid, especially when my mother knew well enough that she didn't belong in there babysitting me after a certain age. It was just guy time. I was the only person or thing in that shop that wasn't at least 25 years old. Steel, wood, leather, asbestos floor tiles that could withstand atmospheric re-entry heat. It was just a different place/time.

Nowadays, I see my barber every other morning in the shower as I reach up for the razor and start vigorously lathering my humongous dome.

Once I'm done with that, then I start soaping my up head so I can shave it. :D

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    My Italian Barbers like the rest of the Brooklyn and South Baltimore of my youth died over 25 years ago. No better barbers than Tony, Vito, Gino and Dan.

Mick and Scott are 100% old school and all the military, police and fire haircuts would confirm.
    Sometimes, I'm tempted to request a high and tight with white walls like my green baggy suit days.

As for the tanning and weights, don't use them but they got to do what they do to make their bank.

As long as I don’t have to offer my services to be someone's huckleberry, I just take my normal chair and say, "Proceed sir".
    ROFLMAO!

As a kid, my first barber shop was simply "Bob's Barber Shop," but then came "Tony and Vince"! Old school, baby.

I remember looking at the mirrors on the wall in front of me and behind, and the reflection and re-reflections seemed to go off into infinity.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    After twenty plus years, my barber is moving. I’m at a huge loss. It’s been so easy to just go in sit down and just drone on about whatever, don’t even have to tell him how I want my haircut. Been doing it the same way that whole time.

I'm looking for a real barber, not some stupid Sports Clips type place. Someone who knows how to use a straight razor. Apparently that is a lost art. I live in Elkridge, so something someone close to that. I get a haircut every two weeks, so I don’t want to drive an hour for a cut. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    The QG downtown is great. Get a cut, clothes, shoe shine, cold beer, massage all in one building. Give you good reason to cc, too

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Bart's in Laurel Shopping Center, they do hair cuts, shaves, and beard trimmings. They shave with a straight razor.

DanOh

Apr 13, 2022
    Marriotsville
    There’s a great shop on Ten Oaks Rd in the small commercial building next to Royal Farms. That’s where the traffic circle with Tridelphia is. It’s called Master Barber and both John or “Magic” are great guys. Cost is $18 for a cut and only cash. Good luck

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    US Barber on Frederick Ave across from Bills Music in Catonsville---Kevin is good as is Chau--but any of them do a great job--and it is$14 --- not $25---I am generally in and out in 15 minutes--my kid lives in Elkridge and goes there too--we have been going there for years

robertt822

Apr 10, 2013
    Laurel
    After twenty plus years, my barber is moving. I’m at a huge loss. It’s been so easy to just go in sit down and just drone on about whatever, don’t even have to tell him how I want my haircut. Been doing it the same way that whole time.

I'm looking for a real barber, not some stupid Sports Clips type place. Someone who knows how to use a straight razor. Apparently that is a lost art. I live in Elkridge, so something someone close to that. I get a haircut every two weeks, so I don’t want to drive an hour for a cut. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    Bart’s in Laurel, MD, in the old open center near the Giant, been going there for over 30 years

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Mike at Pro Clips in Columbia on Snowden River.

But these suggestions are just like my doctor suggestions.

Can't find the Seinfeld clip - my doctor is the best...

codydog

Jul 24, 2013
    My regular barber decided everyone needed an appointment. The last haircut I got from him was terrible. I bought a Flobee and won't look back.

Mr H

Banana'd
    There's always Tony's in Glen Burnie.

It's a hike, I know, but get there on a weekday, and you'll get the full treatment.

I have been doing my own for years, but have started checking out barbers.

Anyone have the 411 on Bayside, in Pasadena?

Sirex