• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I use SuperCut. It isn't "Barber" but it is good enough for crew cut or flat top (this is harder to find one that can do it). Unless you can cut your own hair like this guy.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    My wife and I had a deal before we got married: I’d never complain about whatever she gets done down at the beauty parlor so long as she cuts my hair. Been working out well for over 15 years.

She cuts the boys’ hair too. I could never understand why more people don’t do that. Where I grew up virtually every mom cut their kids’ hair (there also wasn’t anywhere to get your hair cut in town)

It’s like changing your own oil: it’s on your schedule and can be done at home.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    In Easton, Mike's Barbershop on Goldsborough street is great. The online negative reviews are regarding the in shop banter which is conservative, pro gun and COVID conspiracy theories. Magazines are guns, cars and other good stuff. Great razor work of the neck and edges. Nose hair and Leonid Brezhnev eyebrows are trimmed. He does beard work too. It is a completely old school experience.

Mr H

Banana'd
    My wife and I had a deal before we got married: I’d never complain about whatever she gets done down at the beauty parlor so long as she cuts my hair. Been working out well for over 15 years.

She cuts the boys’ hair too. I could never understand why more people don’t do that. Where I grew up virtually every mom cut their kids’ hair (there also wasn’t anywhere to get your hair cut in town)

LOL...

Summers were all about me cutting the boys' hair, and often my own. Three Kiwi-heads.

I did my own for years after that, but since the lockdowns let up, I've been good letting local folks get my money, and I'm not above tossing in a few extra shekels.

Why not... I only get it cut in Jan, Mar, May, Jul and Sep.

Superreverb

Aug 29, 2009
    Western HoCo
    Late to the party, as usual. Live in HoCo. Saw someone mention Helen's Barber Shop in Marriotsville. Was just there yesterday for a haircut and a shave. HIGHLY recommended!!

Regards - Ed

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    The barber shop has tanning beds, and a weight room?

I guess that's the way of the world now.

A true dinosaur barber shop is the Italian barbers in Seabrook. Hopefully they are still open. Nino, Tino, Val, John, and a few others. 100% old school.

I am TRULY the walking dead, please book me a flight to Le Brea, one way.
    I meant to reply to this a few weeks ago - yes they're still there on Lanham Severn road diing a brisk business, I think last year was they're 50th anniversary!

mikeasu

Feb 5, 2022
    Had three cuts in a row from Carmen's Barber Shop, in the same strip mall as Oscar's in Eldersburg - cash only, but for $17 they do a good fade, straight razor on the back of the neck. Very pleased.

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Who ever it is make sure they’re not one of these shops cranking out kids with mullets.
    Someone needs to show these kids with mullets now a days some old cops reruns from the early 90s.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Had three cuts in a row from Carmen's Barber Shop, in the same strip mall as Oscar's in Eldersburg - cash only, but for $17 they do a good fade, straight razor on the back of the neck. Very pleased.

Might give them a shot next time I need a cut (which is now, lol)

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I meant to reply to this a few weeks ago - yes they're still there on Lanham Severn road diing a brisk business, I think last year was they're 50th anniversary!
    Great guys, pretty sure they been there over 60 years. I travel a decent ways to go there.

Sport Clips will line you up for free. They just buzz your head with clippers most of the time and call it good anyways, so just buzz yourself and go get the free line up done. I'd bet you have to had at least gotten a full cut there before, but I don't know.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    Great guys, pretty sure they been there over 60 years. I travel a decent ways to go there.

Sport Clips will line you up for free. They just buzz your head with clippers most of the time and call it good anyways, so just buzz yourself and go get the free line up done. I'd bet you have to had at least gotten a full cut there before, but I don't know.
    Ironically I've never used them, the lady that does my wifes is fine, I usually tag along with her. Besides Im getting to the point where the line is starting to thin out a little, and half the time I wear a hat, so I think when she goes, I'm hittin Rural King and getting a pair of animal hair clippers and go to it. If it looks that bad, I'll just throw a hat on, or the wife will throw me out of the house..

I know a lot of people that have used them over the years. I hit the 7-11 at the other end of the shopping center all the time coming and going from work. Place is always busy - usually a good sign !

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    Ironically I've never used them, the lady that does my wifes is fine, I usually tag along with her. Besides Im getting to the point where the line is starting to thin out a little, and half the time I wear a hat, so I think when she goes, I'm hittin Rural King and getting a pair of animal hair clippers and go to it. If it looks that bad, I'll just throw a hat on, or the wife will throw me out of the house..

I know a lot of people that have used them over the years. I hit the 7-11 at the other end of the shopping center all the time coming and going from work. Place is always busy - usually a good sign !
    I felt very ripped off when they charged me like 25 bucks for running a clipper over my head. I'll make the drive to seabrook any day.

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    I dont blame you, and agree I don't give that much of a sh** about my thinning hair anymore. I hear clippers pay for themselves in no time ! I don't think she's gonna be around much longer, so I'll just ride it out and when she hangs it up, clippers here I come.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Yep. Been cutting my own hair since the onset of the COVID pandemic. My electric clippers have paid for themselves at least 30 times over. Will probably never, ever go back to a barber, unless I want to grow my hair back out. i don’t ever see that happening ever again.

There’s a barber shop on MD175 right across from Fort Meade. I think it was called “Your Barber Shop” that I went to exclusively before the Pandemic. They did razor cuts but watch out for the short Filipino with the mustache, he cut me once doing the razor finish.
    Thought you were going to say it was a Korean barber with benefits.

For some reason whenever I get the warm foam applied, I get sleepy and having a razor on my neck isn't on my mind.

Been years since I changed my own oil. Don't like getting dirty, especially under finger nails.

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    Only had a small time window this morning, so I went to Kevin's (Crain Hwy near Hospital Dr),

Happy to pay a premium on the tip for the quick, clean job on hair, beard, trimming...
    Another positive trip to Kevin's.

Pricey, but he did a really great job up top, and the beard looks fantastic. I should be in good shape to make kids wonder about my Santa-ness, come late November ;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Maybe 50 yrs from Carmelo buying it out . but the shop has been there longer than that . Been a barber shop there continuously since the shopping center was built circa 1961 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom