• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    I like the idea, but a ss 10/22 with a butler creek folder will do almost the same thing without having to carry two pieces.

Elite84

Oct 29, 2008
    As a backpacking gun, the huge disadvange is the time it takes to put it together, if you come accross any game. Where as the folding stock allows the gun to be shot in both positions, and its push button to open.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They just had to do that, just when I said no more guns. A takedown that takes readily available 25rd mags. Very attractive. Might even have to sell one of my Papoosi to get that.

Though functionally, I am not sure this can do anything that a well tuned Mark III couldnt do if CCW wasnt an issue.

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    Cool beans! I've been eyeing up a Marlin Papoose for ever and a day but I didn't want to get one because I LOVE my 10/22.

Ruger is a bit late to the game but they sure do seem to have gotten it right.

But I agree. I'll probably wait to see where the price settles.

I also like that they leave space in the bag for a scope to fit. Which was a no-no for me with the henry survival rifle. Open sites only if you hope to store it away.

Well done Ruger.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    The only thing that would have made it perfect is if it came factory-threaded. I thought Ruger realized that's what their customers want in a .22LR, but I guess for this one, they skipped it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom