• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    What do you do when AG Kane stops recognizing TX NR permits?

Texas is much harder to get than PA and requires 10 hours of training with range time and a proficiency test. PA AG is trying to drop states with lesser than PA standards. TX would probably be the last one she would try to drop.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Texas is much harder to get than PA and requires 10 hours of training with range time and a proficiency test. PA AG is trying to drop states with lesser than PA standards. TX would probably be the last one she would try to drop.

I don't think that is the case at all. PA is the easiest permit you can get if you are eligible. No training, no fingerprints, $20 and 20 minutes. Nothing to it. Every permit she recently dropped reciprocity with is more difficult to get than a PA permit. All required at least some training and fingerprints.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    It also happens when the Republicans dont run good candidates.

Better fix the democratic party then :) I am increasingly disinclined to save the country only to let the Democrats f,,k it up again. A few burring cities may clue them in, but either way The Republicans will not be punting out the fire -- you broke it you fix it ;)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    And that right there is the key. We can't get 'em because PA wants us to have a MD permit first. It's about limiting eligibility.

Working on it.. want to help ? Legislation is moving and I have suggested providing for NR resident permits on the same basis -- I have suggested that higher fees for no residents ( since they are not taxpayers) would not necessarily be a deal breaker. BTW the recent DC case may give us a way to litigate this issue ( if the law does not change of course) .

https://foac-pac.org/

is actively involved. They are mostly based in Pittsburgh, but if we get enough interest they may be meting and having activities in Harrisburg. I speak with their rep at York and also today at Gettysburg gun show.

Now sure what we can actually do at this time ... but I am going to keep the lines of communication open ...

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I have a brother in-law who was transferred to a fort in Texas. Next time we visit them I'll have to schedule a Texas permit class at the same time.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO

Actually, Kane cited UT's issuing to non-residents w/o a home state permit from their home state as the excuse for initially dropping reciprocity with that state.
    http://www.pagunblog.com/wp-content...8_10203044943380999_5607106216870786883_o.jpg

But later, the new reciprocity agreement explicitly stated that only *UT resident* permits would be recognized, which proves the excuse was a sham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    PA has no training requirements that I can recall. FL, VA, and UT all have some training requirements. UT requires a specific class, FL requires an NRA class or something similar. or a DD214 for military service. VA allows on line training but certainly more than PA.

So training can't be the reason AG Kane is dropping other states. Other states' granting of non resident permits seems the more plausible explanation, as she dropped VA, UT, and FL.

I don't see her reasoning but she's a lib, so no more of an explanation might be needed. Maybe Bloomturd got to her.

Mr H

Banana'd
    PA has no training requirements that I can recall. FL, VA, and UT all have some training requirements. UT requires a specific class, FL requires an NRA class or something similar. or a DD214 for military service. VA allows on line training but certainly more than PA.

So training can't be the reason AG Kane is dropping other states. Other states' granting of non resident permits seems the more plausible explanation, as she dropped VA, UT, and FL.

I don't see her reasoning but she's a lib, so no more of an explanation might be needed. Maybe Bloomturd got to her.

It's not a reason, it's an excuse IMO.

I get the distinct feeling she'd drop them all if she could.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Somehow I don't see that happening. A Texas NR permit is a bit tougher to get than the states they're cutting off. You actually have to go to Texas to get it.

Never say never. People said that about Utah and look what happened.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    IIRC Ryan J saids some are by statute. she can't cancel those.

thankfully.

lol No I was mistaken about that. Supposedly Utah was by statute but it actually was by determination of the AG so she was able to kill Utah NR. There are concerns she is breaking the law but so far nothing other than testimony in the legislature and this bill has been done to rein her in.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    lol No I was mistaken about that. Supposedly Utah was by statute but it actually was by determination of the AG so she was able to kill Utah NR. There are concerns she is breaking the law but so far nothing other than testimony in the legislature and this bill has been done to rein her in.

oops. wiping egg off face.

:D

Feb 28, 2013

PA is surrounded by very gun-unfriendly states which are also all may-issue, with the exception of, perhaps, Ohio. What I think is going on is this AG thinking to herself why if people are not allowed and will never be allowed to carry in their home state, should they be then allowed to carry concealed in PA?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That would comport with the mindset of an anti for sure. If they met PA requirements, why would she care? A small revenue stream for local sheriffs and more armed good guys.

IIRC her original objection was PA residents carrying in PA on FL NR permits.

She sure changed her tune.

:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom