• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    When I see a Neos, I just wanna pick it up, start running around like I'm playing lasertag, and dry fire it while making "Pew! Pew!" noises.

I like the looks of the SR22. Looks Walther-ish, in a good way, but not quite as - "lizard-like?". The safety is an improvement over the P22's awkward lever. I like the standard magazine release button vs. the P22's. Aluminum slide, instead of cast pot metal? Heck yeah. I think Ruger has a winner, even if it is a little late to the game.

The only thing I don't like is how small it is. I'd like a combat style .22 that isn't tiny. Only time will tell if it's a winner, so I'll stick with my Browning Buckmark. I'll likely pickup a Mark III before a SR22 pistol. We will see.

SamW

Apr 2, 2007
    Western Md
    "When I see a Neos, I just wanna pick it up, start running around like I'm playing lasertag, and dry fire it while making "Pew! Pew!" noises."

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    The Neos looks like something from a Science fiction movie. It has to be one of the ugliest guns ever.

Isn't the U22 Neos the virtually the same gun as the colt .22? They have similar takedown and accept the same magazines. The big difference in appearance comes from the spacy looking grip assembly.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The Neos is basically a terrific target gun with three issues:
    1. huge front sight post
    2. so-so trigger out of the box
    3. no factory threaded barrels

You can fix number 2 and 3, but number 1 basically means you should be running it scoped or with a reflex sight. I am surprised that Beretta never released thinner front sight posts, but I guess they didn't see it as a big issue.

The rifle conversion for the Neos is also pretty awesome, albeit overpriced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom