• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    It appears that the old embedded YouTube video hack no longer works.

Specifically: [yt*]123xyz[/yt*] no longer works (less the asterisks '*' of course)
    It is now " [*media=youtube*]whatever[*/media*] (remove asterisks '*') " if you want to fix your old post youtube links.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021

Specifically: [yt*]123xyz[/yt*] no longer works (less the asterisks '*' of course)
    If you can edit your post, replace "yt" with "media"

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    When I go to my profile and try either find my threads or find my posts nothing is there.

Try clicking the "Forums" drop down and clicking the highlighted.

Bigfoot help.jpg

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    But we lost all of the old embedded video content.

We can see if there's a patch, but remember that was vbulletin code. I don't know to what extent that specific code type integrates with new software.

I'm only functionally literate enough on the back end of software code to know that there are certain things content wise that are generic parts of the databases, while others may be platform specific, such as the nested coding tags.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If you can edit your post, replace "yt" with "media"

And if you can't, and its something that you think needs to be maintained, send me a message with the URL and I'll make the change while we are sorting things out

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    One glitch that is settling down on its own is that when you click on a thread with new posts, it's starting to automatically send me to the first new post.

As I suspected there was a little lag time in the software "locating" where I was in the thread as far as new posts.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The search feature is glitchy.

For example I searched on "Ukraine" in both posts and title, no results.

However, I found this thread on page 2 or 3 of the WC:

Which appears to be the big Ukraine thread (with a different title than I remember it).
    I've been playing with it too, because for once I can actually use it on my phone. The old platforms search was nonfunctional on my phone.

Was just coming into to report this exact experience. Keep playing with it.

I hate to keep falling back on it being "the database" but from what I know, and from what I'm seeing as things progress this morning, some of this is like finding top dead center on a motor or finding your home zero on a mill. It needs a baseline from which to depart.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I've been playing with it too, because for once I can actually use it on my phone. The old platforms search was nonfunctional on my phone.

Was just coming into to report this exact experience. Keep playing with it.

I hate to keep falling back on it being "the database" but from what I know, and from what I'm seeing as things progress this morning, some of this is like finding top dead center on a motor or finding your home zero on a mill. It needs a baseline from which to depart.
    If the database is not finished updating, it probably has not indexed. Search feature many not be fully functional until the database is indexed.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I had to login this morning and had forgot my password. Requested a password reset e-mail twice, jumped through the "I'm not a robot" exercise, received a verification that I am not a robot, was told a password reset e-mail was sent to me, and never received the password reset e-mail. An hour later, my password finally popped into my head and I was able to log in.

I used to view the forum in hybrid mode. Looks like that is no longer an option. I used to have the option for the maximum number of posts to display on the screen, but that does not appear to be an option anymore either.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Animated GIFs seem to render at glacial speed.

Interesting, the ones that people were putting in the pictures thread were just working fine for me and we don't have the best speed here at the house.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If the database is not finished updating, it probably has not indexed. Search feature many not be fully functional until the database is indexed.

I'm looking at the admin tools and there are some rebuilds that are being asked for. I don't touch that stuff because it seems like touching the giant red button that they tell you to never, ever, ever touch.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    which could also explain the "jump to new" taking me to March posts.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I used to have the option for the maximum number of posts to display on the screen, but that does not appear to be an option anymore either.
    It's probably just more tweaking of settings to be done. The major impetus of the last couple of weeks was to get the information safely here with minimal casualties. We not only had a 10-year gap in updates of the old software, but we moved to a whole new platform so again, maintenance of the content was the primary objective

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    which could also explain the "jump to new" taking me to March posts.
    I can promise you that's a direct reflection of when the database pull was moved over to the new platform.

We had access to the a sandbox of the new platform right about then and that's likely why it's not locating "you" in terms of "what's new" for you just yet.

The more I use stuff today, the more I am seeing things start to slide into place a little better.

b747fp

Forum G-Man
    Staff member
    Admin
    Apr 26, 2005

we will be running a find/replace for old BBCodes to new ones later this evening. youtube embeds are one of those tags that will be fixed.

Thanks

b747fp

Forum G-Man
    Staff member
    Admin
    Apr 26, 2005
    we are aware some post counts, thread counts, and post read data are missing and will be working on a fix. hopefully it will all be cleared up within a day or 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom