• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Looks to be there is a new limit of 3 links in the signature. I had linked all the organizations on the old board. If no longer appropriate, I can figure out which 3 are the best (goodbye NRA! :))

Edit: Its still working as it was imported over from the old forum. But I can't delete the [sigpic*] fields to clean it up and resave.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Looks to be there is a new limit of 3 links in the signature. I had linked all the organizations on the old board. If no longer appropriate, I can figure out which 3 are the best (goodbye NRA! :))

Edit: Its still working as it was imported over from the old forum. But I can't delete the [sigpic*] fields to clean it up and resave.
    Had the same problem. It didn't transfer the picture in my signature. Click on your name in the top right, select signature and edit it. Took me a couple of tries to get it right though.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Seems that some pics may not be displaying?

This thread seems as if it would have pictures, and one of the replies indicates there had been pictures, but none are visible to me? (Posts are all text only)

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Just got back from an ophthalmologist visit, my eyes are all dilated and everything's all sparkly and blurry. Is there something new going on here?

Ngrovcam

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2016
    Florida
    Thank you to whomsoever worked hard to make the site changes.

I am a very 50’s kinda guy.
    Seems way too complicated for me.

The original configuration was beautifully simple.

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Search doesn't seem to work. Typed "Ukraine" and checked "search titles only", and nothing showed up

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Thank you to whomsoever worked hard to make the site changes.

I am a very 50’s kinda guy.
    Seems way too complicated for me.

The original configuration was beautifully simple.

“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

It was deeply broken, for years, and we had it on life support forever.

The search stuff didn't work, the duplicate posts, the classifieds, the lack of effective mobile integration, the clunkiness of media integration.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Search doesn't seem to work. Typed "Ukraine" and checked "search titles only", and nothing showed up
    As discussed above - I think this will sort out as things index (I'm sort of making that up, but I'm seeing similar things starting to smooth out as time goes on and people are using stuff),

At least the search physically works on mobile devices now. Before it wouldn't even load.

Give it time,

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Is there an easy way to differentiate threads with new posts vs old in a given forum list? They look the same to me. The old forum would bold the thread titles with new posts).

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Probably owing to when older content was ported over in advance of Sunday’s shuffle, I note that all markers for what are “new” posts for me are a days/weeks out of date.

I can fix this myself by visiting all threads and heading to the last page, but noting it because it might be worth noting

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Probably owing to when older content was ported over in advance of Sunday’s shuffle, I note that all markers for what are “new” posts for me are a days/weeks out of date.

I can fix this myself by visiting all threads and heading to the last page, but noting it because it might be worth noting
    That's related to when the database was first pulled over to the new platform. We had a preview at the end of March and had a chance to start playing around with it. Since that's when it was pulled, it will think that it's new to you because it's the first time you've had a chance to see stuff in the new container.

It's already smoothing out a ton for me because I've been on for most of the morning,

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Also noting that a thread with a new post is floating to the top of the “new posts” list even if the only new post is my own.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Not an error, but an ask/suggestion. Put a "Mark all read" button in the forums section. I eventually found it in the "forums" button, but I use it constantly to make browsing simpler on each list... Currently its a two step process...

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Can anyone tell me how to do the following, on my phone:

From the "new posts" topic listings, jump directly to my first unread post in a long thread?

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Can anyone tell me how to do the following, on my phone:

From the "new posts" topic listings, jump directly to my first unread post in a long thread?

There's this at the top of each thread:

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 11.41.07 AM.png

BUT - one of the things that this software does is that if you have a thread with new posts and click on the thread title, it will take you to the new posts automatically, unless there's a setting I'm not seeing.

It does take a while for it to kick in after you've started interacting with the new platform. It takes a little while for it to "learn" you from what I'm seeing.

I had your issue when first using the update, and it's smoothed out immensely this morning.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Thanks Norton.

I saw the button, just hoped it would go straight there, like you described.

Thanks for keeping this place going, and being patient with us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom