• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland

x 2 on sanners lake, great club good people, stay away from the shotgun range unless you have thick skin though, the ribbing is pretty tough there. haha just kidding you will go from no handgun experience to an idpa shoot in no time there the members are a very friendly bunch willing to teach the right way to do things.

Also, Sanners has a 100 yd rifle range (covered, concrete slab) a covered 15, 25 and 50 yd pistol range and four open pistol pits as well as an archery range. In addition it has three lakes with one roped off for swimming and the rest for fishing. We are almost complete with a complete club house remodeling. Members receive a combination to the gate and can shoot during regular hours daily except for a brief period during deer season. The few restrictions that come to mind are no 50 caliber or full auto allowed. Shoot at provided backstops and not at any ground targets. We will be having a 3-gun match this Saturday. If you can come on down and check us out. Any time around 1000 or 1100 rain, sleet shine or snow. The web site is Sannerslake.us or email me for directions.:bannana:

flounderdpo

Feb 3, 2008
    edgewater
    polecat, i just checked the website and it says membership is closed to new members, how would a former member be treated? would he go to the end of the waiting list? just curious as i was a member there a few years ago and was thinking of coming back.

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Yea, I saw that too, but it doesn't look like they update their site much. Other things I've read about them either makes them seem snooty or at the minimum not tolerant of novices, but I could be wrong.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I can't believe how friendly everyone is here. That is so cool. I go to so many other forums, non-gun related, and there is just so much BS and there usually ends up being very few friendly and helpful members.

VA is a short drive. Any good ranges near the Nice bridge?

Here's a Va range a short drive from the Nice bridge. I doubt they have rentals but you might keep them in mind for the future:

http://www.northernvirginiagunclub.org/

flounderdpo

Feb 3, 2008
    edgewater
    eddie, when i was a member there that rep was not founded at all in fact. that was a few years ago so membership may have turned a bit but i doubt it. i really liked the club a lot, thats not to say all members were gems but the majority are great folk.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Yea, I saw that too, but it doesn't look like they update their site much. Other things I've read about them either makes them seem snooty or at the minimum not tolerant of novices, but I could be wrong.

Sanner's is my "home range", and I would have to say that it does not fit the profile that you listed above. They are very safety conscious, as they should be, so maybe that is where the "not tolerant of novices" idea came from. There may be a few members that are less than friendly, but I would say that they are the exception rather than the rule. If you are interested, you should give the range a try at one of the public events. I think that you will find the members very accommodating.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I've actually seen that list, but as nc stated, I am looking for rental as well as positive feedback from local users.

Thanks
    HA! Thats what I get for assuming and not openning the link. I thought it was a link to the NRA headquarters' gun range in Virginia he was talking about. :o

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    More than willing to try Sanner's and they family can always use another place to hang out. (We are Moose members in Mechanicsville and like it a lot. They do a hell of a job for the kids. Parties for the holidays... )

Does Sanner's rent though? If not, will have to try them after a visit to On Target.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    More than willing to try Sanner's and they family can always use another place to hang out. (We are Moose members in Mechanicsville and like it a lot. They do a hell of a job for the kids. Parties for the holidays... )

Does Sanner's rent though? If not, will have to try them after a visit to On Target.

No rentals at Sanner's. Just a good place to shoot and good for a family. Once you are armed and ready, head on down.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You just haven't met the universally feared beast named "Norton" yet. Do not speak his name, lest he be summoned! :shocked3:

;) Welcome to MDShooters.

Geez...I'm just a big teddy bear....
    MessinWithSasquatch_1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom