• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I stayed til it was over. The people for the bill did NOT use all of their time. Other than some civil servants and such, there were maybe a dozen just joe-blo citizens there for the bill. There were hundredes, maybe over 1000, against.

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    Frosh playing chess. That makes me angry. Not made, makes.

And Young says unfortunatly the country is becoming violent from alot of the negative politics (hey, you people are making it) and politics of fear are making people feel like they need to "run around" with these weapons.

Ya, no shit. I dont know about you but when LE and military said they thought the AR platform was the best tool for defense, I tend to side with the pros. What you are saying is that we dont deserve the best we can get to protect our own lives?

We need a legislative section on this forum where we can all learn (make that every firearm forum) how to remove these thieves and liars from office. At present we are counting on car crashes or something. If Frosh makes AG, game is over.

Not that I would ever wish anything bad on any human being. Prayers never hurt.

Oriolesfan93p

Jan 5, 2013
    Richardson, TX
    Well over 1000. Probably 3000-4000

This was the impression I got from pictures and from the earlier washington post article.

It seems like some early numbers were taken and run with and confused, or even outright fudged just to marginalize how in force you guys were. Considering how much reaction this got I hope some lawmakers realize that this is an important issue that might affect their potential job security.

I just wish at least one of the media outlets somewhere had some sort of positive coverage with more accurate numbers

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Ugh, they had to show a video of a full auto rifle with a drum magazine. It's no wonder people are confused. Kudos for talking up the crowd though.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    looked like an FPSRussia clip to boot... the rest of the story was good, I can't imagine PG County has a big gang issue with ar-15s.....

T-Rite

Feb 22, 2012
    This is Tom Morris Jr. former America's Most Wanted Senior Correspondent who spoke at the rally today and had the unexpected honor to be the first Maryland gun owner and citizen to testify today against SB 281. Thanks all who came out today to express your concern and defend your rights. Going forward let's continue to press a strong, intelligent position against this sweeping piece of misguided proposed legislation. We know that it will not prevent any homicides or mass homicides in this state or any other for that matter. And we know that we all want a safer society to live in. Make your voices heard, but do it with passionate logic, not ranting that mirrors the No-Gun side ranting. Look at the bill. Study the bill. Attack the specifics. God bless you all. We all owe MD shooters leadership and MSI and Patrick Shomo a huge debt of gratitude for their tireless organizational efforts that made today such a success.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I understand that more than 2800 people signed up to testify. People were still signing up at 730PM.

The Senate building was apparently closed to further entry by the Fire Marshal, as there were more than the 4000 people it could legally hold. At that time there was still alarge mass of folks outside who wanted in.

The line on Rt 50 to turn onto Rowe Blvd was over a mile long at 1030; huge numbers of people in the stadium lot and packing the shuttles; also lots of walkers.

I was in the Senate building around 1130 when Chairman Frosh made his way through the crowd and into the hearing room. He looked a little pale, I thought. We need to give him a long vacation from the MD legislature, for his own good.

Hung around until 9PM, at which time it was evident that I was not going to get the opportunity to do more than state my name. I figure they already knew it, from all the emails, so I left.

It was an incredible experience, finding such a large and interesting crowd in support of this issue, and mingling with a really diverse group (are 4000 people really a "group"?) of folks.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    This is Tom Morris Jr. former America's Most Wanted Senior Correspondent who spoke at the rally today and had the unexpected honor to be the first Maryland gun owner and citizen to testify today against SB 281. Thanks all who came out today to express your concern and defend your rights. Going forward let's continue to press a strong, intelligent position against this sweeping piece of misguided proposed legislation. We know that it will not prevent any homicides or mass homicides in this state or any other for that matter. And we know that we all want a safer society to live in. Make your voices heard, but do it with passionate logic, not ranting that mirrors the No-Gun side ranting. Look at the bill. Study the bill. Attack the specifics. God bless you all. We all owe MD shooters leadership and MSI and Patrick Shomo a huge debt of gratitude for their tireless organizational efforts that made today such a success.

Thank you for speaking today. We didn't get to see you, which is a testament to the sheer number of people huddled around the square. Hard to follow a voice like Lollar.;) The volume was a bit low, but what I heard from your speech was dead on.:thumbsup: Kudos to you for your dedication and I hope to be hearing more from you in the future.:)

Cbreeze

Most Exalted Empress
    Mar 30, 2009
    PG County
    Block time wasn't 4 hours. Block time was 1 hour each side, alternating, so that each side had a total of 4 hours. Up until I had to leave at about 5:30, each side's hour block was completely used. HOWEVER, all the testimonies FOR the bill up until that time were, with the possible exception of maybe 3, were paid to be there, or paid salaries by the people wanting it passed (O'Malley). Senator Jacobs even said IN THE HEARING that she had talked to several of the LEO that were there to testify FOR the bill, and they told her flatly they were paid to be there. Paid by the people that wanted it passed.

It should be relatively easy to get a law passed that says that anyone who is paid to testify must be clearly and obviously declared as such and it would do us (and many others) good.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE

Outstanding. Period. :thumbsup::D

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    I was interviewed for Univision. Something about a face destined for radio.

I saw you getting interviewed. My wife and I were in the line in the middle of the room right behind the cameraman. When we recognized the Univision logo my wife said, "I wonder how she knew he spoke spanish."

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave

Thank you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom