• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    Competition BBQ, sadly, is not available to the public. Regular folks get to purchase BBQ prepared by vendors, the quality of which varies widely. Some is really good! Nearly all BBQ judges tend to swear off restaurant BBQ, preferring their own to anything for sale. I have to agree with that, though I do really like my local Mission BBQ's smoked prime rib, when it's offered.

I’ve been been working on my own since 9pm, 12lb packer. Its true there’s a wide range of what’s available I hate when I spend good money for mediocre bbq or any food.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I’ve been been working on my own since 9pm, 12lb packer. Its true there’s a wide range of what’s available I hate when I spend good money for mediocre bbq or any food.
    If you're competing, pm me your team name and I'll try and find you.

Some folks are lactose intolerant. Like you I'm intolerant of mediocre food. Once you learn the art of good BBQ, it's difficult finding anything in a BBQ restaurant that will impress you.

Last edited:

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    If you're competing, pm me your team name and I'll try and find you.

Some folks are lactose intolerant. Like you I'm intolerant of mediocre food. Once you learn the art of good BBQ, it's difficult finding anything in a BBQ restaurant that will impress you.
    Yes! Unfortunately I’ll be competing in my back yard for company this evening. I’ve never done a competition, my best friend who got me into this hobby has competed a few times and met some of the famous bbq guys.

I hope my cousins kids like smoked brisket otherwise I guess I can throw some hot dogs on the smoker.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Yes! Unfortunately I’ll be competing in my back yard for company this evening. I’ve never done a competition, my best friend who got me into this hobby has competed a few times and met some of the famous bbq guys.

I hope my cousins kids like smoked brisket otherwise I guess I can throw some hot dogs on the smoker.
    If they don't I'll be happy to take it off your hands

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    It is on Harford county courthouse property. District court.

Nobody
    The district court house and grounds is owned by the state of Maryland.
    Screenshot_20221015-102006_Opera.jpg

Slhaney

Sep 8, 2019
    Street, MD
    That barbecue bash is ridiculous. It's always way overcrowded the lines for food are 45 minutes to an hour long or longer the live entertainment that they provide is usually so loud that you can't hear yourself think and it's just a miserable time. The parking lot that they hold the thing in is way too small and the people who organized the event have been inundated with requests to move it to some place where there's more room but they refuse to move it out of the town of Bel Air. It should be over at the equestrian center. We tried going a couple of times before covid and it was just stupidly ridiculously overcrowded. People bringing strollers and dogs and wagons don't help. Oh and it's on public property so they can tell you not to bring any weapons but they're violating your second amendment rights by doing so.
    Actually, though I totally agree that you should be able to carry , the barbecue bash is on the grounds of the district court and so carrying there is forbidden by MD law.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo

Oooh, the most critical judges of all are those closest to us.

If you really want to become an awesome BBQ cook, become a KCBS judge. Every judge samples 24 to 40 BBQ entries at a competition, and you'll quickly learn the art of the possible. Folks in competitive BBQ are really friendly and sharing. You'll learn a lot in a hurry.

I'll be dropping you a pm soon.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Actually, though I totally agree that you should be able to carry , the barbecue bash is on the grounds of the district court and so carrying there is forbidden by MD law.
    Then BAPD is doing a Hogan as I said earlier in the thread. Pretending to take credit for something already done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom