• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Anyone know of any off grid camping areas? Aside from the state parks, is there any areas that I could take he kids to do some more bushcraft type camping?

Any suggestions?

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    We go to Green ridge 2x a year, every time has been great except for the last trip, early fall last year. We had some idiots decide to go squirrel hunting the next camp site over. To make matters worse we were a little elevated so shots were awful close. Scared the sh#t out of wife and dog. Went over there and bunch of drunk idiots. Not cool

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    GREEN RIDGE STATE PARK, Dutch Ovens, cast iron skillets, campfires and great people (or alone).

Take a MDS flag along and hang it high.

Hell, call me on your next camping trip , I don't even get to eat like that a home !:D

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Dolly Sods Wilderness in WV is the most remote place I have encountered in the Mid Atlantic. They ceased to maintain and mark their trails. Total wilderness experience. Staying in MD, I believe that Warrior mtn. state forest might be even more remote than Greenridge SF. There is also the Tuscarora trail which sees much less traffic than the AT. Search for PATC for info on that trail.

dr_gonzo71

Jun 17, 2011
    Cumberland, MD
    Dolly Sods Wilderness in WV is the most remote place I have encountered in the Mid Atlantic. They ceased to maintain and mark their trails. Total wilderness experience. Staying in MD, I believe that Warrior mtn. state forest might be even more remote than Greenridge SF. There is also the Tuscarora trail which sees much less traffic than the AT. Search for PATC for info on that trail.

+1. Dolly Sods is true wilderness. It's worth the drive of its solitude you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom