• pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Cuomo is probably having a coronary, he probably thought he had a couple of years before this gets to SCOTUS.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    This makes my ***k hard! Will be watching this closely. Wonder how MD higher courts would act if presented with this same case?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    When I saw this I got excited, then I RTFA.

Paraphrased: The judges have said, "We are not going to issue an injunction and we are giving NY state 8 weeks to create a defense against this suit. At that time we will review the NY state papers and get back to you..."

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    When I saw this I got excited, then I RTFA.

Paraphrased: The judges have said, "We are not going to issue an injunction and we are giving NY state 8 weeks to create a defense against this suit. At that time we will review the NY state papers and get back to you..."

Actually its good news. Courts rarely say that what they will do before hearing from both sides.

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    Hopefully this is taken into consideration as sbs281 enters the House. Nobody likes to be made to look like a fool, especially people in seats of power. If this injuction is enacted, that is exactly what Cuomo, O'malley, and all his senate pawns will look like.....

Last edited:

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    The biggest issue, to me, is the squishy politician that claims to be a 2A fan but thinks it's a good idea for limiting rounds in a magazine and for incremental licensing. Their votes are the ones that will criminalize thousands of folks in the state and deny all the rest a quick ability to protect themselves and their families. I am sick and tired of reading how some politician has sympathy for our cause, as it were. They know there will be hundreds of arrests over technicalities. They know some young woman with a protective order will get murdered because she can't get a handgun. They don't care. They only care whether the political powers in Maryland will punish them down the road. I am really tired of reading about which political hack owns a Glock.

MessedUpMike

Jan 29, 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like there are 2 constitutional challenges here.
    1) The law itself
    2) The fashion is which the law was passed.

Ultimate Member
    wtf? The way I keep hearing about the NY Safe Act is that it is not applied evenly to Police, retired LE, Film makers, and others exempted. In American you are not supposed to selectively apply the law even if it is constitutional. I'm sure most of it is unconstitutional. I'd also like to see the states that Neighbor NY sue them for telling their citizens to sells their mags out of state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom