• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    Well their claim of 'first' is definitely false. What do they call the mk19? Its not shoulder fired but it is absolutely a fully automatic grenade launcher. There may be others but that is one for sure.
    I was going to say... since when does the MK19 not exist anymore? Along with some others...

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I know several people who own, and shoot, canons today. There are competitions to participate in.
    Yup. I've thought about dabbling in it myself, but artillery is a lifestyle. It's not just the gun, it's the ammo chest, the trailer, and the SUV or pickup truck to tow the whole setup.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'll add that NFA'34 needs to be thought of as several different issues. Can the Government require background checks for the transfer of firearms? I'd argue they can. Can they slow-roll the process? I'd argue they cannot. Can they indulge in categorical bans on manufacture? I'd argue they cannot.

Ditch 922(o) and get Form 4s processed promptly, and I think most NFA owners would be pleased as punch.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I'll add that NFA'34 needs to be thought of as several different issues.
    Other than being an unconstitutional scam, foisted upon the citizenry as a result of a mock trial?
    Can the Government require background checks for the transfer of firearms? I'd argue they can.
    They do, but I don't see the authority to do that, nor their approval being required, nor the authority to tax the transaction written into the Constitution/BoR. Can you point that out to me please?
    Can they slow-roll the process? I'd argue they cannot.
    But they do. How else could it take MONTHS (often MANY months) to clear a Form 1/4 when all they actually do is check with the FBI, like an NICS call.
    Can they indulge in categorical bans on manufacture? I'd argue they cannot.
    But they do. Up until just now, I could build my own firearm of any description, except for the building and possessing new MGs, which are categorically banned for civilian possession.
    Ditch 922(o) and get Form 4s processed promptly, and I think most NFA owners would be pleased as punch.
    This is like "I'm going to hit you with so many rights, you'll be begging for a left." Pleased as punch to only get the tip...

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    Haha, sorry Chef I don’t mean to jump on you for this post as a dozen other posts have brought up good points. But, it makes one wonder about what went on to cause the actual verbiage of the 2A, I think we just ended a time when no civilian was safe. I believe there’s even more verbiage next on the list to the effect where civilians need not house military personnel, I hope this never arises but, Yeah, I’d like to keep all my rights.

“The only known use for civilian use of a MG is for competition, and or target practice.” Do not attempt to make this statement in Ukraine.

However, thanks for ALL the enlightening info you’ve brought to this thread! Shit, thanks to everyone!, can we say that history is about to be made or we are about to be reminded of our history ?

Why does anyone need a MG …. Why do we need the 3rd amendment …

The arguments I voiced were NOT arguments I agreed with. Just likely arguments made by Justices to favor and please anti 2A and anti gun people.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I think a solid argument could be made that since the armed services issue such arms, civilian familiarity with them (and knowledge of how to use them effectively) is of value in wartime.

Hunting is a decoy - do NOT fall for it. 2A is about establishing a reservoir of force. When acting legitimately, the Government may tap that reservoir to defend the nation and maintain public order. We tend to focus on the consequences of the Government acting illegitimately too much, I think.
    Think about it this way...

Since Biden was installed, an estimated eight million illegal aliens from all over the world have been planted in the U.S. They have made little or no effort to assimilate, and the majority are military age males. Assume some malevolent nation or NGO (aka Deep State or some such) activates them for insurrection on, say, July 4. The military and police cannot possibly cope with a spontaneous uprising in every major city in the country - there are simply not enough soldiers and cops, period. Hence, the need for "the militia" - the whole of the people.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    In 12 hours we will find out

This is not the opinion you were looking for.

giphy.gif

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Guess we'll find out over the next hour, but the NYSRPA docket's RSS feed didn't have any of those invisible updates I'm used to seeing a notification about every morning when I looked a little while ago. Usually there is. Last hit was yesterday afternoon.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Guess we'll find out over the next hour, but the NYSRPA docket's RSS feed didn't have any of those invisible updates I'm used to seeing a notification about every morning when I looked a little while ago. Usually there is. Last hit was yesterday afternoon.
    Can you translate for us legal mortals?

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Marietta Memorial Hospital v. Davita

by Justice Kavanaugh 7-2

So nothing from Barrett today

No R number

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts