• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Frosh is right. More guns means more people will die. Violent criminals will die.

Thinking about it, I actually do expect an initial uptick in shooting deaths as criminals walk into a new buzzsaw of lawfully armed citizenry. Then, I think there will be a sharp decrease as "civility" is rediscovered. :)
    100 %

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    In doing so… they open themselves up to a sh!t ton of suits for violation of COTUS rights. And the SCOTUS will spank them hard.
    Correct, Supreme court decisions become the law of the land, so eat-it Maryland and California.

How will the Dems fight back, gun free zones everywhere.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Correct, Supreme court decisions become the law of the land, so eat-it Maryland and California.

Actually Thomas said you could not do that, sooooooo double FU Maryland and California.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    For those with a current Maryland CCW with a restriction (ie: valid while employed by xxx), when should we apply to have the restriction removed and what is that process?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Thank you Trump for loading the court with conservative thinkers.
    Nah, thank Ginsy for trying to rule forever and refusing to step down when her team was up to bat. The clues were there, she just refused to see them.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Store putting up a sign does not make a law. It only means they have a right not to serve you...if you go in with no shirt and sign says shirt required you aren't arrested. You're asked to leave.

And if it's concealed no one will know.
    I am not sure what the point of concealing your shirt would be or how that complies with a stores requirement to be wearing a shirt. Also, if you are wearing a shirt concealed, does that mean you are wearing your shirt under your pants?

I am so confused. :-)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Actually Thomas said you could not do that, sooooooo double FU Maryland and California.
    He said it very early on. He spelled a few things out, which was a pleasant surprise. People should read the opinion when they have time. It’s a good read.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    so Constitutional Carry means no classes? I have my HQL but that was when it was online.
    Maryland does not have a valid law restricting the wearing and carrying of firearms as of present.
    Would that have to come from Hogan or could Frosh do it?
    Hogan (more properly, MSP's superintendent)
    He said it very early on. He spelled a few things out, which was a pleasant surprise. People should read the opinion when they have time. It’s a good read.
    It is, but of course it is. Thomas is my favorite justice because his decisions are grounded in a judicial philosophy and utilize logic without exception.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    You have it around backwards. Unless and until Hogan directs that "I want one" is G&S, Maryland's statute is unconstitutional. There is no other law on the books to default to. As such, I expect that anyone charged with carrying without a license between now and when/if Hogan does that (or Annapolis amends the statute) to have their charges dismissed. Again, it won't stop Hogan's brown shirts from charging a person.
    If that's the case, wouldn't it be in their best interests to figure out a workaround ASAP? One would have thought that the MD state government would have been prepared for this eventuality and have had a trigger system in place. It's not like this SCOTUS case, or the outcome, was a surprise.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

So can this idiot be charged with a criminal offense, or civil only, if he was to carry out his threat?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think my biggest concern is that many stores will now put up no gun signs.
    Less than reputable members of society will be camped out in parking lots to watch which person takes out their gun and where they put it in the car.
    Let’s be realistic, people are inherently lazy and I don’t see everyone getting a lock box to put in their trunk.
    Even if they do, car break ins and thefts are potentially going to be going up and lots guns could be put on the streets used in crimes.

Im on all your side and ecstatic about the ruling but just concerned with potential private property owners creating this haven for stolen weapons and damage to vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can put up all the signs they want, they’re meaningless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Store putting up a sign does not make a law. It only means they have a right not to serve you...if you go in with no shirt and sign says shirt required you aren't arrested. You're asked to leave.

And if it's concealed no one will know.
    Just FYI, if you carry outside Maryland, this is not a universal truth. In some states, entering an establishment that is posted while carrying is a violation in and of itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom