• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    I don't want a Md-nonresident ccw. I want reciprocity to my VA permit.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I thought you were kidding. A scorned woman....

The ruling directly addresses that advances in firearms technology is not relative. It fvcking says it right there, but of course she knows that.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The contention that KIB is making is that the stipulation for granting said carry permit has been deemed unconstitutional, and therefore everything related to it is unconstitutional as well. You can't have a statute that mandates the usage of a permit when the permit process as it currently stands is unconstitutional. It renders the whole thing null and void.
    There is a severability doctrine in the legal world, that allows only the unconstitutional portion to be stricken while the rest of the law stands.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    There is a severability doctrine in the legal world, that allows only the unconstitutional portion to be stricken while the rest of the law stands.
    this.

And, the MSI lawsuit presently before the court only challenged two subparts (I forgot the exact #) related to good and substantial. Even if MSI wins, we still have the training, interviews, references, etc.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    This goes to my point exactly. They don't care. Hell, this may actually result in more gun control legislation for consideration than there otherwise would have been. They are openly hostile to the SCOTUS - many of them see current SCOTUS as illegitimate because Orange Man Bad and Orange Man Bad's picks allowed this to happen.

And I ask the question again - if these remaining May Issue states don't change a damn thing or do the absolute minimum while increasing costs/training, shortening license times, etc... what will happen to them? Who "forces" them to comply?
    The same thing should happen as happened when racial segregation laws were declared unconstitutional and some states refused to comply. But the current treasonous cabal in DC will not do that.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    this.

And, the MSI lawsuit presently before the court only challenged two subparts (I forgot the exact #) related to good and substantial. Even if MSI wins, we still have the training, interviews, references, etc.
    Interviews are subjective just the same as good and substantial. I dont think you can keep those after they clearly said requirements must be objective.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The ruling directly addresses that advances in firearms technology is not relative. It fvcking says it right there, but of course she knows that.
    She counts on her base to be spoonfed. So they’ll believe her and cheer on her irrelevant musket stupidity.

I know you knew that.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    We prepare to strip her citizenship and she can go back to wherever her ancestors came from!

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    So can this idiot be charged with a criminal offense, or civil only, if he was to carry out his threat?

The lawsuits alone will bankrupt that city if he fails to follow the law.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    I think people are misunderstanding what was just decided. The decided that "New York's proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment" The rest of the may issue licensing system remains. The case gets remanded to the lower courts to figure out how to deal with the opinion.

While the Court came to the correct decision, it did so by some inconsistent reasoning that is still subject to interpretation. We will need to wait and see how those opposed will interpret the decision to their advantage.

As for MD, the decision technically does not cover MD's G&S requirement. As currently interpreted, the G&S requirement would not survive a challenge, but it is sufficiently vague that other requirements may be imposed in their place. We will need to wait and see if there are other requirements that take its place.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    and like that Mr. Saltpeter chimes in. yay!

Joey Ryan has something for Mr. Saltpeter.
    76a8195170374cd74bdab928e3a1bcef.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    the Courts of Appeals have developed a “two-step” framework for analyzing Second Amendment challenges that combines history with means-end scrutiny. The Court rejects that two-part approach as having one step too many.

As I read this, it seems to me that an application is step one and any other requirement beyond this is step 2 and out of bounds.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    I don't want a Md-nonresident ccw. I want reciprocity to my VA permit.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
    Same here with my permits but the statists have a bad habit of raising their ugly heads. I have no doubt Thomas wanted to go further including declaring all licensing unconstitutional but was limited by the scope and, like Scalia with Kennedy, had to water it down to keep the majority on board. At least we can enjoy the demise of G&S/may issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom