• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    They are going to have to figure it out. The 2A doesn’t end at the State line. Getting every State’s permits is excessive and repugnant to the 2A. Look what Clandestine spent for him and his wife.

I intend to exercise my right everywhere.
    I imagine it'll be more of a task to get MD to accept other state's permits than the other way around.

Yes, exercising a Constitutional right shouldn't be cost prohibitive.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    NJ may go constitutional carry before MD

1656380787954.png

A section of NJ law that is probably about to become very popular

Steyr40

Mar 3, 2012
    AA County
    It is good, but just stay out DC no matter what until we see some seriously nailed down changes there. Right now, straying into DC while heeled can be a life-wrecking event.
    Yeah, I just looked at a map of DC's gun free zones and it looks like a minefield. I hope any sensitive places challenges put that place in check.

BIGCHRISS197

Jul 4, 2013
    Out of curiosity wouldn't this ruling also force MD to modify its current self defense laws to accommodate being able to defend yourself outside the home? MD has a history of making criminals out of victims who fight back.

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    Well…a lawsuit on sensitive areas will be forthcoming. It’s in the box of shenanigans Thomas set on the top shelf so the little leftists couldn’t get to it. Sensitive areas are to be VERY narrowly tailored AND must serve a very compelling government interest.
    I think over the next few months, I think we will see so many lawsuits in the federal circuit courts that we won't be able to keep them straight.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Why do we think MD is waiting so long to make an official statement like California has?

I'm beginning to think they have a whole new set up of requirements and procedures ready to be implemented.
    For the 800th time, MSP and the AG, can't change anything but G&S.
    ONLY the Legislature can add/delete/change the requirements.

Stop with the BGOS.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    There is a looming possibility of a special session to deal with the gas tax that is going into effect July 1. Republicans have been calling for it since sine die.

I might be wrong, but I think anything goes during a special session. I've never known a situation where the MGA didn't have the power to do whatever they wanted. So maybe they think they can rewrite the law asap, and are waiting for that.
    Special sessions are single subject.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    According to Handgunlaw.US... These States honor Maryland. AK, AL, AR, AZ, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, OH, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI
    Coveats with Mi. and S.C.
    Updated 6-13-22
    Here's the list per Utah .

Eta

Marylanders can carry without permit it Utah.. (how I read it)

Last edited:

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Out of curiosity wouldn't this ruling also force MD to modify its current self defense laws to accommodate being able to defend yourself outside the home? MD has a history of making criminals out of victims who fight back.
    No

Maryland will always investigate a shooting with zeal, as will many other jurisdictions.

If you have to go down that path, make sure you feel that you "fear for your life".

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    No

Maryland will always investigate a shooting with zeal, as will many other jurisdictions.

If you have to go down that path, make sure you feel that you "fear for your life".
    Wise words no matter what state you are in. Even here in Florida with Stand Your Ground…..the thing they tell you the most in the “3 hour class/chat session” needed for a FL permit is too “Only pull your pistol when there is no other option available, and when you pull it, use it”

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    For the 800th time, MSP and the GA, can't change anything but G&S.
    ONLY the Legislature can add/delete/change the requirements.

Stop with the BGOS.
    sort of.

there are a whole lot of requirements wrapped up under (5)
    (5) based on an investigation:
    (i) has not exhibited a propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render the person's possession of a handgun a danger to the person or to another; and

like asking about references, employment, arrest history (mere arrest without a conviction doesn't make you prohibited under previous sections) etc.

I think that the argument is that MSP theoretically could expand the "investigation." I think that if the MSP was really dumb they could do a lot under the pretense of (5)i.

Now I want to be clear: I dont think that they will do
    this. I think that the SC foreclosed any shenanigans. The opinion practically invited constitutional carrry if the restrictions were too onerous. AG in this state is not as arrogant as NY.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Maryland will likely always remain, only when safe to do so, a duty-to-retreat state in public. The use of deadly force must have been necessary and couldn’t have been avoided. The user of it must not be the aggressor, must be under imminent threat of grievous bodily harm or death, must be using proportional force to the threat, and must be acting reasonably, like another prudent person in that situation would have acted.

The Bruen opinion doesn’t upset that or compel a different result.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Not sure if this was brought up, but here's a thought. If the metro system is ruled out as a sensitive place, being that our metro system runs throughout MD, DC, and VA, wouldn't that bring about a case for reciprocity at least in the DMV? Could this present a successful legal challenge for someone who found themselves under arrest?
    Carry on Metro Trains is already legal in Virginia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom