• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    To those that can carry and plan on going they zip tie the action upon entering. I went to the last one, its good show it seems chinesium parts are here to stay but overall deals can be found especially on things like mags.

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    I've never been to Oaks, and after today, I won't be back. Ammo, expensive. Mags, expensive. Had fun looking at the M1's and AK's, and got to check out an SKS. That was about the only thing that excited me. At least lunch at Cheeburger Cheeburger didn't disappoint.

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    I've never been to Oaks, and after today, I won't be back. Ammo, expensive. Mags, expensive. Had fun looking at the M1's and AK's, and got to check out an SKS. That was about the only thing that excited me. At least lunch at Cheeburger Cheeburger didn't disappoint.
    Cheeburger Cheeburger never disappoints. I’ve been to several different types of conventions there. It’s definitely premium convention prices for most things. I only go because of my kids to spend time together. I buy a couple tchotchkes for them, grab dinner at Cheeburger then chill at the hotel. Kids like it so I suck it up. Thanks for the report back. Saved me a trip tomorrow.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    When I hit the Oaks it's cheesesteak time. Dalessandros in the Roxborough part of Philly has been my go-to for over 15 years. Pat's and Geno's cater to the tourist trade who has no idea what a real cheesesteak is. It is Dalessandros, or Jim's Steaks on South street at 3rd for me. Forty years of Philly cheesesteak experience and these are my choices.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Usually as good or better than on line. You need to make your tour through the place first.Prices will vary greatly throughout the show.
    From the reports, it sounds like ammo prices (9mm FMJ brass, name brand) are not close to the .25/per rnd at the shows ?

I am looking for an excuse to support local shows,, but if you cant get standard cap mags,, ammo is considerably more than online, and Fire arms are 150% of the LGS,, why go? Is it for the "fragrance" of the typ crowd?

Disclaimer: South Carrol Sporting goods has GREAT prices at the shows they attend,, but they are the only ones.

When I hit the Oaks it's cheesesteak time. Dalessandros in the Roxborough part of Philly has been my go-to for over 15 years. Pat's and Geno's cater to the tourist trade who has no idea what a real cheesesteak is. It is Dalessandros, or Jim's Steaks on South street at 3rd for me. Forty years of Philly cheesesteak experience and these are my choices.
    Chinks Steaks on Torresdale FTW.
    ETA- The PC name is now "Joe's Steaks".

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Anyone know for sure the dates for the August 23 show ? One website states 10-12, and one states 11-13. I know its this weekend but not sure Sunday.

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    Anyone know for sure the dates for the August 23 show ? One website states 10-12, and one states 11-13. I know it’s this weekend but not sure Sunday.
    main expo site says 11-13. Usually shows there run Friday through Sunday. In my experience.

Aug. 11: 1:00pm - 7:00pm
    Aug. 12: 9:00am - 5:00pm
    Aug. 13: 9:00am - 4:00pm

PaFrank

Apr 2, 2020
    I don't go to that show anymore. We call it the P.T.Barnum show because they really cater to the suckers..
    There are a lot of tables, but if you removed the pickle guy, the jerky guys, the dozen or so T-shirt guys, the sock guys, the jewelry broad, and the cheap (but not inexpensive) knife guys, and the military surplus guys selling European crap, the nazi junk dealers, and the few odds and ends dealers, you would only need one of the halls and cut the size of this show in half.
    and even with that, better than half the gun tables are loaded with black guns, black gun parts..

At the last show I wandered around for almost 3 hours and ended up buying 5 boxes of Norma 380 for 19 bucks a box and I had to pay 15 bucks for the priveledge of shopping there.

Not goin there anymore. I'll stick to the smaller shows or buy online.

89P13

May 10, 2023
    The Island
    I don't go to that show anymore. We call it the P.T.Barnum show because they really cater to the suckers..
    There are a lot of tables, but if you removed the pickle guy, the jerky guys, the dozen or so T-shirt guys, the sock guys, the jewelry broad, and the cheap (but not inexpensive) knife guys, and the military surplus guys selling European crap, the nazi junk dealers, and the few odds and ends dealers, you would only need one of the halls and cut the size of this show in half.
    and even with that, better than half the gun tables are loaded with black guns, black gun parts..

At the last show I wandered around for almost 3 hours and ended up buying 5 boxes of Norma 380 for 19 bucks a box and I had to pay 15 bucks for the priveledge of shopping there.

Not goin there anymore. I'll stick to the smaller shows or buy online.
    Damn. I went not long ago and the same sentiments. I thought about going Sunday but this is a reminder of past times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom