• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Sept 13-17th

I've been down this week usually friday-sunday probably 8 of the past 10 years but I have never joined the bike week stuff cause until this year, I did not own a street bike.
    I typically found this a great week/weekend to fish the bay cause less people were around fishing.

I'll be down Thursday-Sunday but I may have to step out of town Saturday.
    My son who is the big fisherman, is taking off that Thursday and Friday also.

Bringing the Indian Scout with me.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Sept 13-17th

I've been down this week usually friday-sunday probably 8 of the past 10 years but I have never joined the bike week stuff cause until this year, I did not own a street bike.
    I typically found this a great week/weekend to fish the bay cause less people were around fishing.

I'll be down Thursday-Sunday but I may have to step out of town Saturday.
    My son who is the big fisherman, is taking off that Thursday and Friday also.

Bringing the Indian Scout with me.
    Stay safe. Seems like lately every year they and out do the year before with ones killed in accidents.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Shinedown is playing Sept 15. I'd love to see them, but not there.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just checked the prices. $95.00 for a Friday ticket plus $22.71 fee = $235.42 for 2 of us. NFW. We have seen them 4 or 5 times, never paid this nonsense.

****Be happy you're not going to see Taylor Swift. A colleague took his wife and daughter to see her and the 3 tickets plus fees, etc.. came out to just under $2k... :shocked4:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Wonder how many of them will be cruising around the region elsewhere without helmets.
    Seems to be a popular thing around my way anymore.
    Its becoming common place recently I'm noticing.

New helmet law in DE started 9/1/23.

Newly licensed riders must wear a helmet (for the first 2 years) if they first received their MC endorsement post 9/1/23.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Never been. I’m more about riding than bar hopping but I would be into seeing Shine Down. Haven’t been to a decent concert since the 80s

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!

Newly licensed riders must wear a helmet (for the first 2 years) if they first received their MC endorsement post 9/1/23.

Yeah, heard about this the other day on local radio. Figured all the bikers knew the regs and how they applied in Md.
    Ride to live, Die to ride and all that.
    Must be some sort of Philadelphia experiment and people dont know where they're at. Most of them only know 15 miles and 15 grand I'm a biker.

Cue the OCPD so they can measure everybody’s damn handlebars :rolleyes:
    Maybe they'll just measure the skid marks instead like they always do.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Wonder how many of them will be cruising around the region elsewhere without helmets.
    Seems to be a popular thing around my way anymore.
    Its becoming common place recently I'm noticing.

During previous bike weeks, I have seen people going from DE (no helmets) to MD on Whaleyville Road then coming onto 50 w/o helmets.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I'll be heading down Wed afternoon, but have to leave around 4:30am sat morning to make a previous commitment. i have never been before but will be with a couple guys who have, It has probably been 20+ years since I have been to OC.

Friend told me that Jasmine Cain and Moonshine Bandits are the free concert wed night. very much looking forward to that as I like both of them.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I might go... it's just a matter of when. Would be good to see Jasmine Cain again... always a good show. Hey... I hear there's gonna be all new vendors this years... :rolleyes:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Not OC per Se but same place if you ask me,
    Only real gripe was some member of the Pennsylvania Navy, probably a first class semen, armed with a Volvo smashed into a pony at a like a 15 mph speed limit zone then needed towed.
    In a hurry to get back into town for happy hour I guess, oh well.

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn

I am curious what the statistics are for riders under the two years vs. over the two years for no helmet casualties. I believe in dressing for the crash not the ride and obviously newer riders are more susceptible to an accident than a rider of 20+ years but many times the accident is out of the control of the rider.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I am curious what the statistics are for riders under the two years vs. over the two years for no helmet casualties. I believe in dressing for the crash not the ride and obviously newer riders are more susceptible to an accident than a rider of 20+ years but many times the accident is out of the control of the rider.
    I would wager that the percentile of fatalities of new and experienced riders; if NOT wearing a helmet, are the same. A melon is a melon when it contacts pavement at speed, regardless of the functioning (or lack of) brain matter within it.

Capture.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom