• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Saw what I think was a Triumph, it looked like a large mini bike. It was getting alot of looks as it turned into Ocean Pines. Those 3 wheeled things, the one with the 2 wheels in front seem VERY popular.
    I would need something like that. I have a hard time keeping all four tires of my ATV on the ground. :lol2:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I saw several Triumph speed masters and an old Honda CB750 of Friday. Lots of crotch rockets headed in as I was headed out
    Plus this
    d55ec9ec3dea20167ba89d5d3d51dab6.jpg

18b4d0d04ae085d9bf2ab39f95b4e283.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    We love Crusin' OC and used to go every year, but have never attended Bike Week....Might try to make it next year
    This was my first year of having to be in OC. Im sure I only say 2% of it as we was in there early, and when we went back around noon it was from Route 90 to 123rd St. Just from that little bit its CRAZY. I would love to know a true number of bikes that attended it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I saw several Triumph speed masters and an old Honda CB750 of Friday. Lots of crotch rockets headed in as I was headed out
    Plus this
    d55ec9ec3dea20167ba89d5d3d51dab6.jpg

18b4d0d04ae085d9bf2ab39f95b4e283.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Used to work with a guy who had one. His had doors on it. It was called a Cobra Hard Top. Quick search says Cobra went under 30 years ago but a few successive companies have built similar models.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    There was a large motor yacht heading south, well offshore, sprouting a huge rooster tail.

There was no AIS on my ship tracking app.

I would not have seen it if not for me having my spotting scope on another vessel.

That thing was amazing and did not appear to be military.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I've been every year and this seem to be one of the largest crowds I've seen. Only heard of three bikes knocked down in OC which might be a record low. Haven't heard of any code 4's.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I got down for a couple days had to leave sat morning early to make a car show in PA.

my first time to this event, it seemed like a nice event. weather was perfect. these days I am more into riding than bar hopping tho. Did get down to Hoopers Island one day. Oasis was crazy. Wanted to hit the concert wed night but freak isolated storm rolled in and I stayed up north where it was dry. coming home, I was crossing the bay bridge when the sun was just coming up, that was awesome.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I just got off the phone with one of my friends/co-workers... he won the AR-10/Cooler of hunting and fishing gear raffle at Hooper's... Good to see some good luck come to him as he also lost his job at New Penn(Yellow)...

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Dang I didn't think any real bikes actually came out to this event. Nice pan bud. Maybe next year I'll take my shovel out and about.
    Thanks... I've had it down there a couple times. I gave it to my eldest son a few years ago for his 30 birthday. On Father's Day, he insisted I take it for a ride. I couldn't get over the fact that I was like a monkey f**king a football(foot clutch/jockey shift)... after it being my only ride for a lot of years. Laughed the whole time I was on it.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Not DOT approved.

If it didn't have it in 1948... it don't need today(reflectors, mirrors, turn signals, seat strap).
    OR helmet. There was no helmet law then and it is in MD Code somewhere. I knew a guy that wore a national MC patch on his back and he rode an old bike like that (forget exactly which) and he used to never wear a helmet. Got pulled over a LOT and use to whip out a printed page with the MD code on it and ride away. Pain in the backside, yes, but he hated helmets and was following the law.
    I have not seen anyone pulled over for apes. And plenty tall apes out here had to leave to NJ for the day and saw lots riding into town.
    Never seen so many trikes as I did so far this week. State police motorman was behind me from 120th street to Rt 50. Plenty of bikes with big apes passed us up and he did not bother anyone. He spent more time talking to people about their bikes at the lites than anything.
    This is what I saw too. The police were better this year than I have ever seen. I spoke to several of them at lights and while walking places. Every one of them was very cool, and I watched them let a lot of stuff slide, even stuff everyone was whining about them "getting you" for. I've never had a bad interaction with a police officer in OC, ever.
    I would love to know a true number of bikes that attended it.
    I've heard 100K thrown around, but I think it was much more than that. I usually stay near one of the hives of action on Coastal Hwy., and this year seemed like the most I have ever seen there.

I have to say, this was one of the best ones I've been to. We don't do the band/concert thing anymore, and we don't drink & ride. I've developed rides in the area where we have the roads to ourselves, its amazing people haven't discovered them. As I said in another thread, we do our riding and "eventing" early in the day, then we park the bikes and watch bikes and people the rest of the day. Any need to go out for anything after the drinks start flowing is done by walking or by the drunk bus.

Some people hate it, but I love OC, and Bike Week is the one vacation a year that I have to have. Its my zen place.

Oh yeah, I carried there, EVERYWHERE. If I wasn't enjoying an adult beverage, I was carrying. Nobody cared, even the police.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom