• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I wonder why this lawsuit didn’t go after all those locations. Is there another/other suits fighting these?

I don’t want the other side to get ANY progress and instead want to push them back. It needs to be You got a permit, carry on.

TD
    It does. We just didn’t get a PI against those provisions.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Here's hoping the SCOTUS review of NYC laws next week provides additional guidance for the judge to consider.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Here's hoping the SCOTUS review of NYC laws next week provides additional guidance for the judge to consider.
    It definitely has potential to be huge, since NY is throwing all the shenanigans out there…

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I wonder why this lawsuit didn’t go after all those locations. Is there another/other suits fighting these?

I don’t want the other side to get ANY progress and instead want to push them back. It needs to be You got a permit, carry on.

TD
    The reasoning, if that is not too narrowly-focused a word, can be found in the judge's opinion, posted on MSI site.

He equates "museums" with educational institutions, which he squeezes into the "school" category. I wish Scalia hadn't included schools, sine we have a historical tradition of people taking their hunting rifles to school in my lifetime, but I suppose he had to put it in to get his majority.

There's plenty more judicial BS for the other restrictions, for the usual reasons -- you know, he has to suck up to the 66% in order to get re-elected, plus he's doubtless one of Them. Eventually most of that will go away, if we ever get a free and fair electoral count.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I really hope they eliminate the restriction on parks. They're treating State Parks and Forests like children's playgrounds in the City.

Reading the narrow definition of medical facilities, it looks like Advanced Radiology locations, and perhaps even some doctor's offices might be good to go. (?)

Anyway, the judge is limiting this to what he considers open and shut no brainers. Many if not all of the other restrictions could well be overturned yet.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I really hope they eliminate the restriction on parks. They're treating State Parks and Forests like children's playgrounds in the City.

Reading the narrow definition of medical facilities, it looks like Advanced Radiology locations, and perhaps even some doctor's offices might be good to go. (?)

Anyway, the judge is limiting this to what he considers open and shut no brainers. Many if not all of the other restrictions could well be overturned yet.
    Maybe a dumb question but State Parks and Forests were always prohibited for carry, how did SB1 change that for the worse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom