• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There is a saying of which to give careful consideration :

Dress Around the Gun

It's a semi free country , and everyone has a degree of making their decisions , and setting their priorities . But a single layer of form fitting clothing is a major factor in the size , accessibility , and comfort of what you carry .

In making the decision to be an Armed Person , your goal isn't necessarily to dress exactly the same as you did before . Your two main parameters are :

1. Not appear obviously Armed.
    2. Have an appearance generally acceptable for your situation and circumstances .

These may often have convergence by being either one notch more formal , or one notch more casual .

Kramer Leather ( Greg Kramer ) is a nationally sold brand of high quality holsters .

Hotartchick

Jul 1, 2020
    Ocean Pines, Maryland
    There is a saying of which to give careful consideration :

Dress Around the Gun

It's a semi free country , and everyone has a degree of making their decisions , and setting their priorities . But a single layer of form fitting clothing is a major factor in the size , accessibility , and comfort of what you carry .

In making the decision to be an Armed Person , your goal isn't necessarily to dress exactly the same as you did before . Your two main parameters are :

1. Not appear obviously Armed.
    2. Have an appearance generally acceptable for your situation and circumstances .

These may often have convergence by being either one notch more formal , or one notch more casual .

Kramer Leather ( Greg Kramer ) is a nationally sold brand of high quality holsters .
    This is a great excuse to go chothes shopping (which I hate)
    I will certainly compromise in order to carry

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is a great excuse to go chothes shopping (which I hate)
    I will certainly compromise in order to carry

Or, it's an excuse to stop caring. If you go full Dude from the Big Labowski, you can carry anything. But the bathrobe aesthetic can't take you everywhere.

For some months of the year, I've definitely adapted the wardrobe in directions I wouldn't have if I wasn't carrying. In some cases, I'm willing to adapt down to a pocket gun (an LCP2 in a pocket holster) when I can't get away with anything beyond cargo shorts or the like.

Carrying changes habits in several areas. Dressing just ends up being one of them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Most of the year people think I’m carrying a Desert Eagle 50AE at 12.

I'm pretty sure that if you were going to get a date from within this audience, it would have happened by now.

Now trying to get that image in my head displaced by something else.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I was browsing Greg Ellifritz' Active Response Training site and the Weekend Knowledge Dump for October 30 happened to have a link to this:

https://thewellarmedwoman.com/concealed-carry/concealed-carry-for-women-of-all-body-types/

It's an article published by The Well Armed Woman, with detail on survey responses from 1500 women who carry. (body types, challenges faced, solutions, holsters, tips, etc.)

Wanted to pass it along, as it seems like it might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom