• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    I was under the impression that you could open carry a LONG GUN in MD without a permit?

That's what the attorney general told the federal court. But your mileage may vary (unless you are hunting in an area appropriate for hunting).

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I've open carried in MD- legally. It's very limited though. Should I try long gun open carry with the PS90? I might see a coyote while antler hunting, and I have permission to hunt coyotes. Or heck, I could stick an orange hat on, I might see a groundhog. Ok to shoot them too. The landowners might see me, then they will want to check that thing out! Esp that old lady in Jarrettsville.

Seriously though... I've open carried in PA. I've done it in veiw of MD people too, just over the line. To tell ya, most people don't even notice.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ( Skipping over the issue of arbitrary revocations for the moment.)
    Even if we had an event with the handfull of permit holders , and the rest with Gansler signature model long guns , we would potentially run affould of "possesing a forearm at a protest " .

Or if a single LE Ofc were to utter to the effect of " Hey , you guys can't do that here " , and we didn't imeadately disarm , we would face charges of Disorderly Conduct to wit * fail to obey lawful order of Police Ofc ...."

Notice how Hvymax words references to his upcoming gathering. It's a BBQ where people just happen to have firearms , rather than an expression of Firearms Rights where there just happens to be grilled food.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    I've open carried in MD- legally. It's very limited though. Should I try long gun open carry with the PS90? I might see a coyote while antler hunting, and I have permission to hunt coyotes. Or heck, I could stick an orange hat on, I might see a groundhog. Ok to shoot them too. The landowners might see me, then they will want to check that thing out! Esp that old lady in Jarrettsville.

Seriously though... I've open carried in PA. I've done it in veiw of MD people too, just over the line. To tell ya, most people don't even notice.

Maybe, as the weather slowly gets warmer, we need to plan another south York County BBQ at a park, like the one we did in Glen Rock.

We could all meet at a nearby range and aerate a target or 2, then on to the BBQ. ;)

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    ( Skipping over the issue of arbitrary revocations for the moment.)

Notice how Hvymax words references to his upcoming gathering. It's a BBQ where people just happen to have firearms , rather than an expression of Firearms Rights where there just happens to be grilled food.

Maybe, as the weather slowly gets warmer, we need to plan another south York County BBQ at a park, like the one we did in Glen Rock.

We could all meet at a nearby range and aerate a target or 2, then on to the BBQ. ;)

There will be plenty of shooting with the BBQ guns and lots of other stuff. My back yard is a range.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA

I wouldn't call it an OC "walk", although many will OC...

http://www.2arally.com/

https://www.facebook.com/2aRally
    :D

Last Harrisburg rally was a good time, hopefully I can make it again. I am on PAFOA, but read often and post almost never, haven't been to many local events(I'm in Windsor, member of Windsor F&G), might have to change that.

Feb 28, 2013
    Perhaps. But on private property they can't do diddly squat. So long as there ain't no shootin' goin' on.

So...……

Come on in Officer So and so. Have a sammich. Let's see what you're carryin'.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I think they should do this in Philly, bankrupt the whole damn city with lawsuits after they're harassed, molested and wrongfully arrested.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    I think they should do this in Philly, bankrupt the whole damn city with lawsuits after they're harassed, molested and wrongfully arrested.

It's been done before, and it's being planned again since Nutter and his loony city council are violating state preemption with an illegal ordinance prohibiting guns in parks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom