• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Thanks to all who gave their time, talent, and treasure to fight this draconian bill. It was worth the fight. It will always be worth the fight.

The battle of SB281 has been lost, but it's far from over. We won't surrender. Never.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Soap box - Check
    Ballot box - pending/2014

Let's remember the process.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    We lost this fight but, the war is still on. Elections are coming and there will be a list of those who need voted out of office in 2014. A court case will be coming as well I'm sure. Our war will have many fronts. We will prevail.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    We lost this fight but, the war is still on. Elections are coming and there will be a list of those who need voted out of office in 2014. A court case will be coming as well I'm sure. Our war will have many fronts. We will prevail.

:thumbsup:

As far as I'm concerned, every single one of them needs to go. Our supporters did what they felt they could, but we needed more than they were able/willing to give.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    But, but, but... the people who participated in the polls from home were heard!

Not the ones who came down there, waited for 16 hours to testify, rally, send emails, make calls and visits and sit in the gallery for hours listening to their mindless drivel while gritting our teeth, holding our speech and working tirelessly against this bill!!

Edit to say THANK YOU to everyone here for fighting this as brothers and sisters united!

Dec 31, 2012
    on a less dramatic note

Thank you for the forum and the people it has drawn into the political fight for Marylander's rights.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    i want to thank everyone who helped. i could not get to assapolis but i sent almost 500 e mails and made about a hundred phone calls. i have voted and dealt with some politics a bit before but i have never even heard of the things that happened in this fight. i have never been lied to and laughed at and been sent so many canned ******** responses before.a lot of what we have representing us should be ashamed. in southern md all i can trust is tony odonnel and roy dyson. all others need replacing.

anyway, thank you one and all.
    please keep the heat on and get more people registered to vote, thats the real ticket i believe.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    This single bill has so galvanized this community that we as citizens will look deeper at ALL bills that affect us. We have re-learned things that we forgot in high school. We are now a BIGGER threat to them than ever. We are educated and now through this experience are not afraid to march right into the lions den and crack the whip as best we can. Whether it will do any good or not doesn't matter. We now are citizen activists and will be DAMN active from here on out. Thank you to all that helped to fight the good and just fight.

Mar 18, 2013
    Baltimore
    So question on this, if we need to register by 11/1/13 any currently non registered guns, say homebuilt, could we hypothetically register flats for AK's or 80%AR lowers? Or even if we have to finish it to the condition before build, will this be considered enough to register? I wouldn't see how it wouldn't as that's how we can currently purchase them and they are considered the registered portion of the gun. Also, I did not see anywhere where there is a limit as to how many we could register to become "legal".

Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    2014? Yep, got that but perhaps we should continue to concentrate on 2013 first.

Thanks to all who fought and continue to fight unconstitutional efforts such as this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom