• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    What we need now is to figure out how to mobilize the rest of the state - the ones who are only casual gun owners, not a member of this board, or not gun owners at all, but who are getting fed up with being over-taxed, and having their freedoms snatched away, right in front of our eyes.

We did a great job mobilizing, rallying, and doing what we could to make our voices heard, but think about this - at our biggest rally, we had about 4,000 people there. Yes - those 4,000 were representative of many, many more, but there are 5.8 million people in this state, and 3.7 million registered voters. Of those, 2.1 million are democrats vs just 900,000 republicans. Those are pretty sobering figures when you look overall at what we gun owners face.

Many of us have given notice to the Democrats who pushed and passed this abomination - "we're coming for you," we've said - "we're going to vote you out," we've said. The question now becomes one of just how in the heck we convince those 2.1 million democrat voters that they've been swindled by the very people they put in office to represent them. And let's make no bones about it - this was very much a partisan, democrat-fueled initiative to make life difficult for us.

I'm all for getting involved, but we need to come up with a real strategy that's going to make a difference at the polls because the population of this board isn't going to do it.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    OK, color me stupid but I've been looking ever since getting home from work and I STILL can't find the flippin' thread that shows which idiots from which districts voted for this usurpation of our natural rights. I live in Carroll County so I guess I can't DINO it up at least officially but I want to specifically know which swine sold us down the river.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    OK, color me stupid but I've been looking ever since getting home from work and I STILL can't find the flippin' thread that shows which idiots from which districts voted for this usurpation of our natural rights. I live in Carroll County so I guess I can't DINO it up at least officially but I want to specifically know which swine sold us down the river.

There is a picture of the green/red votes in the senate in this thread
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=114472

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'd like to thank everybody too. Those that fought in Annapolis, those that fought from home. This whole thing did not turn out the way they thought it would! We rocked the boat and eventually we'll turn it over. They will hope we will soon forget this, but I know every time I fire a one dollar bullet, every time I load a 10 round mag, every time I see a firearm that I can not own, I will remember!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    700_all_tyranny_needs.jpg

2k05gt

Jul 28, 2012
    The gun Nazis in Annapolis had their minds made up long before the public hearings. The hearings were just s.o.p. These people need to go! When will this bill go into effect? Where do we register our firearms? What about the limit on magazines? I may move to PA. :tdown::tdown::mad54:

We need less Liberal people in Virginia, so move here so we can get this state back to red or we will go down Maryland's same path.

I hope that you guys in Maryland can make a change in 2014 but looking at the states record of voting far left Liberals into office, I don't see it changing next year.

I just joined this forum because I am outraged about these Gun Control Laws. I am not even a Gun Owner, yet. I will be tonight. Please let me know how I can help. What can we do? I emailed all of my representatives, put messages on Facebook, I've completed polls online through http://mdpetitions.com/, I will boycott whoever I need to. What else? How can we stop this, I am sorry I wasn't apart of this sooner. I really never thought they could pass a law like this.

Last edited:
    What we need now is to figure out how to mobilize the rest of the state - the ones who are only casual gun owners, not a member of this board, or not gun owners at all, but who are getting fed up with being over-taxed, and having their freedoms snatched away, right in front of our eyes.

We did a great job mobilizing, rallying, and doing what we could to make our voices heard, but think about this - at our biggest rally, we had about 4,000 people there. Yes - those 4,000 were representative of many, many more, but there are 5.8 million people in this state, and 3.7 million registered voters. Of those, 2.1 million are democrats vs just 900,000 republicans. Those are pretty sobering figures when you look overall at what we gun owners face.

Many of us have given notice to the Democrats who pushed and passed this abomination - "we're coming for you," we've said - "we're going to vote you out," we've said. The question now becomes one of just how in the heck we convince those 2.1 million democrat voters that they've been swindled by the very people they put in office to represent them. And let's make no bones about it - this was very much a partisan, democrat-fueled initiative to make life difficult for us.

I'm all for getting involved, but we need to come up with a real strategy that's going to make a difference at the polls because the population of this board isn't going to do it.
    I agree, I am not currently a gun owner but just joined this group. I would think we would need every business, non-profit, and any type of organization that will be affected by this law to be contacted to attend a Single Event the will demonstrate the importance of this law. Donate money for GOOD Lawyers to any pending Lawsuits. Organize, gun shops, shooting ranges, outdoors clubs, hunting clubs, parks, cops, people from both parties of all different ethnicities, This could be the battleground state for the country. Thing is everyone needs to unite under a common cause and not get divided by who belongs to what group. The focus needs to be the 2nd Amendment and why this is unconstitutional. The message needs to be the same and everyone needs to unite under that cause.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I just went over 7000 posts, without a blink.

Everyday there are thousands of us waking up to tyranny in Maryland.

This is going to stop.

Today is the first day of the fix.

We can rejoice that we now:

1) know who our friends and opponents are.

2) the real constituents of Maryland are awaken.

Let's make Maryland a better place to live.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I just went over 7000 posts, without a blink.

Everyday there are thousands of us waking up to tyranny in Maryland.

This is going to stop.

Today is the first day of the fix.

We can rejoice that we now:

1) know who our friends and opponents are.

2) the real constituents of Maryland are awaken.

Let's make Maryland a better place to live.

Amen, my friend.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    What we have with this new law is a turd. A big, smelly turd.

What we had, when first introduced, was a big smelly turd, in a bucket of piss and vomit, with our heads being shoved down into it.

We did make a difference, and we will continue to do so. We left one hell of a footprint on Annapolis, and turned many our way. We went there with dignity, politeness, and professionalism, and showed any who would listen, that responsible gun owners are not the problem. Those that weren't turned, who used their corrupted power against us, will pay in the elections in 2014. That is our next big step.

We must keep our momentum going, not dwell in the loss, and keep our pressure on.

Back to my beer now.

MH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom