• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    What are the 15 states, and what separates them from the other 34?

I can see New Jersey, New York, and the other May Issue states, but there aren't 15.

Anyway, my understanding is that Utah will expect me to get my home state permit if possible.

There are 15, it’s on the Utah website here

Looks like LGoodwin was quicker on the draw than me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I think the time is ripe to challenge MD's position of not issuing carry permits to non-residents.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Yup! No residency requirement at all.

Before G&S died, the State Police wanted a nexus from a non-resident with MD, like conducting business in MD. That's all gone.
    The practical issue is training/qualifying . Not hard to rack up 16 hours of training, or hold instructor credentials in another state, but without being a MD resident, it's kinda tough to drive down to MD to do it, or get MSP approval of certs or out of state training classes. Have to renew my NRA instructor certs first(expired years ago), then I'll try to get a MD permit, might try to just apply with my old certs and see what happens. Either way I'll throw $75 at an application that might not fly, but would rather give a few hundred to a lawsuit to challenge the BS requirements than pay to follow them.

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    I’m hoping eventually they will.

To me the $400+ makes it not worth it just for MD.
    I know the feeling. WV AG Patrick Morrisey wrote to Gov Larry Hogan several times and most recently after the 6-3 Supreme Court decision (NY Pistol Vs Bruen) to grant West Virginians reciprocity to carry in Maryland. Not sure that will ever happen. But it should; particularly, DC and Maryland should work out reciprocity. It is the same training (with DC additional 4 more hours for law) and background checks. It's a money racket if you ask me to prevent law abiding citizens to get their W&C. https://www.wboy.com/news/politics/...-hogan-to-consider-gun-reciprocity-agreement/

BartExp

Ultimate Member
    I know the feeling. WV AG Patrick Morrisey wrote to Gov Larry Hogan several times and most recently after the 6-3 Supreme Court decision (NY Pistol Vs Bruen) to grant West Virginians reciprocity to carry in Maryland. Not sure that will ever happen. But it should; particularly, DC and Maryland should work out reciprocity. It is the same training (with DC additional 4 more hours for law) and background checks. It's a money racket if you ask me to prevent law abiding citizens to get their W&C. https://www.wboy.com/news/politics/...-hogan-to-consider-gun-reciprocity-agreement/

Don’t forget Delaware! I am on the border with a DE CCW. If I drift into MD, take it off and lock it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    I think the time is ripe to challenge MD's position of not issuing carry permits to non-residents.
    I think it time to challenge those states that don't offer non-residents permits or reciprocity. Particularly, the State of Illinois is selective of residents in four states to only offer permits. California and Virgin Islands don't offer no non residents carry permits and when I do go to those states, i want to carry my firearm. Really, we need nationwide reciprocity. Hopefully that will be the next legal challenge.

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    Don’t forget Delaware! I am on the border with a DE CCW. If I drift into MD, take it off and lock it up.

Yup. That is crazy. We definitely need Reciprocity. I remember a young mother (Shaneen Allen) a PA LTC holder accidentally went into NJ and admit she was carrying almost did some serious time until Chris Christie pardoned her. This is a case for the court..

SlaveNoMoreMD

May 9, 2016
    St. Mary's
    Is this new? I've had a Utah non-resident permit while living in MD and I still don't have a MD permit (just applied a few days ago).
    It's not new. Prior to the Supreme Court decision, Utah exempt residents of May issues States such as MD, NJ, NY, and CA requiring home state permits. They knew the residents in those states would not be able to obtain one. Now, I'm not sure since the supreme court decision. I believe right now it's no change so you should be still good with your Utah permit since you didn't received a revoke letter?? Likely, during your next renewal they will ask for a copy of the Maryland W&C permit.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Is this new? I've had a Utah non-resident permit while living in MD and I still don't have a MD permit (just applied a few days ago).

We're good for now, but I assume they won't renew our permits if we don't get our Maryland permits. My Utah permit is good for two more years, and I should have Maryland W&C in a few months.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    Is it possible for bordering states to sue for denying their CCW holders their constitutional rights? I think WV would be the one to do it if possible.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Is it possible for bordering states to sue for denying their CCW holders their constitutional rights? I think WV would be the one to do it if possible.

I believe that is why Wv sent the letters. The first was before Bruen the second after. Any disagreement between states goes straight to SCOTUS. Wv set maryland up for this quick knockout fight. Thanks CT.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

unless you are going to an approved venue, you are transporting illegally. If you are a DE resident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom